Ghost HD questions with video

dsb79

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Got a ghost hd and playing with window movie maker, found it quite easy but it only saved in 360p. Cant see why when i said 1080p.

Anyway, a couple of incidents from today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5MclKIlUo4

What do you think of the mount? To high?

Any ideas to make sure batteries are charged, have one spare.

Other than loads of micro sd cards, any way of saving movies on the go, will be camping so a laptop will only last so long.

Will be some of Europes best roads in June and want it to be as good as i can.

Even when camping there's usually somewhere to get a quick charge into your laptop. Try asking nicely in the coffee shop.

I prefer the mount on the side of the helmet.... Not sure what you mean when you say "any ideas to make sure batteries are charged? Do you mean is the camera still running when your riding or has it shut off cos batteries ran out?

I get about 2 1/2 hours filming out of a battery. So need 2 a day, I won't have anywhere to charge other than off the bike.

I've got a charger in my handle bar bag and just charge the camera using the USB port.... U can also plug the USB cable in the camera while riding to charge while filming ...

Youtube can be a bit finnicky at times.......... It takes time for video to be available in 1080............. Well mine do. Yours is now if it wasn't before.

I had a permanently powered 12v socket on my bike, with a usb adaptor for charging my drift...............

I will set a perm power feed then seems the logical way, now just need to sort the sd cards out. Might try get a few more seems I can get a full day on a 32 gb card.

Have you seen the latest firmware 2.1.6.4 (17th May 2013) with the Car DVR Mode.

Drift said:
This hands off mode setting is ideal for insurance and security purposes. The Car DVR Mode automatically turns the camera on when power is supplied via the USB port. The camera then records footage in a continuous loop style (CAR DVR Intervals) recording loop after loop until it fills the Micro SD Card. Once full the oldest loops will be deleted as the newest ones are saved. Car DVR loop intervals can be 1min, 3min, 5min, 10min or 15min intervals

Download it here.

:beerjug:

I get about 2 1/2 hours filming out of a battery. So need 2 a day, I won't have anywhere to charge other than off the bike.
Realistically, will you be recording 5 hours every day - or just being selective and recording the best bits?

I'm fairly new to my Ghost but think the direction needs to point upwards a fraction. Footage pointing down at the floor makes it difficult to watch for me. JMO :)

Cost £1 for my laptop to be charged (overnight) at a campsite.
Ensure you have lots of space on the laptop before you go. If you have access to wifi, consider backing up to a Cloud.

btw - on a flooded road, you may have anticipated the car showering you & a lane changing driver is normal on a roundabout ;)

Youtube can be a bit finnicky at times ... It takes time for video to be available in 1080 ... Well mine do. Yours is now if it wasn't before.
I'm not the brightest sod around but isn't that down to your internet rather than Youtube? Ie if you have a fast broadband connection, it stands to reason that a high quality HD video will download a lot faster than it would if you had a slow internet connection.

... Ensure you have lots of space on the laptop before you go. If you have access to wifi, consider backing up to a Cloud.
Why not consider an external hard drive? They're not that expensive (IIRC £60 for 1 TB) and certainly a lot cheaper than buying loads of CF cards.

I'm not the brightest sod around but isn't that down to your internet rather than Youtube? Ie if you have a fast broadband connection, it stands to reason that a high quality HD video will download a lot faster than it would if you had a slow internet connection.

The way youtube works is once you have finished uploading a video in 1080p it starts to convert and render the video in the lower resolutions first, 360p 720p 1080p...ect, so a 360p video will have a lot less data then a 1080p so happens a lot faster. You are right that a faster internet connection give you a high quality video once the process has completed but youtube has to support slow connection speeds as well.

I hope that make some sense :D

A solar charger is a good idea, it does not need bright sunshine to work either. The external drive is a cracking idea, I have a spare 128GB SSD that I put into an enclosure, fast, sucks very little power and allows me to transfer stuff quickly. It's not much bigger than a fag packet.

Back
Top Bottom