Thread: Hertfordshire trails - Sunday 30th March 2014

'Don't mess with me' Member
    The Cheshunt Home for Elderly Gentle-Tossers

Hertfordshire trails - Sunday 30th March 2014

WARNING: I gather this is Mothering Sunday!

Meet at SBW, Hertford at 10.00hrs ready for some light trailing.

As the lanes are likely to be quite dry, should suit all bikes including any well-ridden toilets

Who's in?
    Cycling the 2014 Prudential RideLondon-Surrey for Epilepsy Action!

Support an old tosser and donate just £1 here: http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/team/GregandKerry

Thomas! There's a mouse duck in the house!

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Yup

Im in

NB - the rendezvous will be 10.00hrs British Summer Time!

Support an old tosser and donate just £1 here: http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/team/GregandKerry

Quote Originally Posted by bandit View Post
    Yup

Im in
    Correction. Cant make it. Too close to france trip.

Unless I put knobblies on the 1190

Would have been out with you again Greg if it wasn't for a broken hip.

Maybe next time?

Have fun.......
    Anyone riding slower than you is an idiot, and anyone riding faster than you is a maniac

Quote Originally Posted by Smug View Post
    Would have been out with you again Greg if it wasn't for a broken hip.

Maybe next time?

Have fun.......
    Broken hip!

How did that happen, Im expecting to hear it was the result of failing to clear some technical section on the new low geared GS or the high speed testing through Bramfield Woods went a bit tits up.
    Sell my bike?
    I would rather stick wasps up my arse !

Quote Originally Posted by Wreford Miles View Post
    Broken hip!

How did that happen, Im expecting to hear it was the result of failing to clear some technical section on the new low geared GS or the high speed testing through Bramfield Woods went a bit tits up.
    Nothing like that at all.

Was at the start of a 103mile cycle ride and the front wheel stepped out on a right hand corner and dumped me on my right hip and shoulder. Then SWMBO rode over me as well.

At the Lister, x-rays didn't show any fractures of the hip or shoulder. Because the pain was so bad they decided to do a CT scan on the hip and found that I had a acetabulum fracture (hip socket). The treatment is non weight bearing on the right leg for 8 weeks. An ultra sound scan on the shoulder showed that there was nothing broken but very bruised and bashed. Trouble was that the shoulder injury stopped me using a frame or crutches.

Anyway they kept me in for 12 days. I'm now back home with the use of a gutter frame. I have to bias all the weight through my left shoulder which gets me around downstairs. At least I can get from the bed to the toilet/shower to the kitchen. All on the same floor. The pain killers and Ibuprufen are working wonders.

I've had to cancel BMW ORS level 2 for the time being. Also cancelled a trip to Scotland with the gang and a trip to the Picos with the club. Never mind, no good crying over spilled milk. When you are in hospital for a while it brings it home that there is always someone out there who is much worse off.
    Anyone riding slower than you is an idiot, and anyone riding faster than you is a maniac

Hi. I am obviously too late for this one but will be very interested in any future trail jaunts in Herts.

Keep checking in. I'll sort another soon.

Click here to find out how to remove these ads

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Masters View Post
    Keep checking in. I'll sort another soon.

And you will get to see my brand new 1190 r get thrown in a ditch