Transmission problems...

katsim

Reaction score
Greetings to all!!

Recently my old lady(r1150 gs) had the transmission input shaft and the clutch changed after ruined the splines of the clutch.
Since this happened I also changed all the bearings of the transmission and the gear indicator.
The job took place in a BMW dealer.
Now from the day I took it there's a strange problem...

Frequently when I attempt to shift into third, I feel nothing (solid as if I was already in 6th) and I have to down shift and then shift up again to get into third.

On top of that occasionally shifting from 4th to 5th and 5th to 6th it will throw itself into neutral when I release the clutch and I have to try again!

I did the one thing that I thought I was personally capable of, and that was draining the gear oil and filling it back up, but that didnt fix the problem even when the dealer did the same procedure as well.

The dealer says that I have to change the selector shaft as well some other components after opening the transmission (again).

I'm not sure if this is going to fix the problem though since the transmission was fine before!

Does Anyone have any insight on what the problem may be?

Take the little ball linkage off the gear lever

Does the gear lever fall down very freely if you let it go?

If no then you need to remove it and replace the Nylon bushes where it pivots and more important clean out the hole where they fit

If yes Sorry then I don;t know

I'm not sure if this is going to fix the problem though since the transmission was fine before!

Does Anyone have any insight on what the problem may be?

Back
Top Bottom