Nav V firmware 2.70 and music

paul08

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Wapping: you can skip this one, as it is about using your Nav V for music!

I recently updated the firmware on my Nav V (to the latest 2.70). Riding today, I could no longer access my music and the device told me that it could not find the music files. The clue was actually in the warning message as it included the words "music in the MP3 Folder".

My music was on an SD card in a folder named "Music" and the Nav V found the music and played it with the previous firmware. I renamed the folder "MP3' and the Nav V now finds the music files.

My Nav V will not send music to my Scala Rider cos its not A2DP Aargh Pi$$ed off am I cos my Zumo was OK

That is a proverbial p****r. I use a Sena SMH10R which is A2DP.

But I am surprised that your Scala would work with a sumo, but not a Nav V

Just a thought: have you tried different switching on procedures? i.e get the Nav V fired up and loaded before switching on the headset. Or vice versa.

I was told that you one should alsways start the Nav IV/V before switching on the headset. I do get lazy and it does not always pair, but in such cases it pairs on my second attempt

That is a proverbial p****r. I use a Sena SMH10R which is A2DP.

But I am surprised that your Scala would work with a sumo, but not a Nav V

Yep, its cos the Zumo is not stereo and A2DP is

the trouble with a2dp, with with my Nav V and nolan b-4 is, it is a one-to-one connection, so though I can hear it, mrs dxtans cannot on the back of the bike, when we are paired up. So ditched the a2dp music on the Nav V and gone with my MP3 player plugin to my helmet. Which plays lovely stereo and we can both talk over the music if we wish. Of course we do occasionally switch to radio as well, which is part of the B4 setup.

dxtans

Wapping: you can skip this one, as it is about using your Nav V for music!

I recently updated the firmware on my Nav V (to the latest 2.70). Riding today, I could no longer access my music and the device told me that it could not find the music files. The clue was actually in the warning message as it included the words "music in the MP3 Folder".

My music was on an SD card in a folder named "Music" and the Nav V found the music and played it with the previous firmware. I renamed the folder "MP3' and the Nav V now finds the music files.

Thanx for this - I've just updated the folder name on my SD Card - I'm picking up a headset tomorow & can imagine the wailing & gnashing of teeth there would have been without this tip. :blast
It also gave me chance to add S Club 7's Greatest Hits to the folder that I somehow missed last time. :thumb2

It also gave me chance to add S Club 7's Greatest Hits to the folder that I somehow missed last time. :thumb2

You should perhaps keep secret these 'dirty pleasures' of yours. There are some things we just do not need to know!!!!!!

My Nav V will not send music to my Scala Rider cos its not A2DP Aargh Pi$$ed off am I cos my Zumo was OK
Just found this out too. (should have looked at this thread 2 hours ago:blast) My Zumo 550 was hard wired and worked fine. My scala rider (first generation i think, its one you put coal into the back) isnt A2DP. So, this means I now need to per-chase a newer scala I guess? How did you sort it?

Back
Top Bottom