Bluetooth advice wanted.

Mallard

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I’ve just acquired a new Caberg Duke Helmet and would like to install a quality Bluetooth system.

My requirements are listening only; to my 660 sat-nav mainly, and occasionally my I-pod. As I don’t make phone calls on the move/carry pillions/do bike-to-bike (Mallard-no-mates :D ), I would like a system that has a detachable microphone, or better still, none at all.

I’ve had a look at the Caberg ‘Just Speak’ system (on which information seems scarce) and I am under the impression that the mic is non-detachable, but I believe that some of the Sena systems do have detachable mic’s. I don’t have much knowledge of the Scala systems.

Bearing in mind it’s a flip-front helmet (and some of the systems I’ve seen seem to clip to the front of the helmet) can anyone recommend the best system to fit my new helmet and my requirements? :thumb2

Just got an interphone F3XT dual kit for a pair of flip fronts and cant fault it. The mic is connected separately via a jack so you can run it with just speakers if you wish. I've been using mine in a shoei multitec with Nav iv & iphone 5s without any issues.

Older models had mic & speakers in one unit. Had an older F4 before this and although the unit itself lasted, the headset connections did not. Went through two complete pairs of headsets before giving up on it. Must stick the base units and attachment hardware up on ebay one of these days.

sena smh 5

just got one of these and with a trip round Wales (3days) blue tooth to 660 I phone and bike to bike got for £80 shopping around very impressed and the range was good enough for us. and I believe that with the latest software it will talk to other makes..

just got one of these and with a trip round Wales (3days) blue tooth to 660 I phone and bike to bike got for £80 shopping around very impressed and the range was good enough for us. and I believe that with the latest software it will talk to other makes..

Hi Zoot

Where did you manage to get one for £80?

Leeds

a mate of mine got a pair off ebay from a m/c shop in Leeds about a month back I have had a word with him and he recons they are not on any more.

How did you find the sound between the smh5 and 660 - I found for nav instructions in order to turn it up loud enough to hear over earplugs and bike the sound was always distorted ?

Back
Top Bottom