Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia. Travel Requirements?

shez1

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I intend to travel through Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia in June this year (from Poland to Finland). What are the travel requirements regarding documents, and insurance for me and the bike? Is Belarus worth a visit?

Many thanks in advance.

Brian

Latvia, Lithuania and Estonia are all in the EU, so passport, driving licence, V5 and insurance should be all you need.

Thanks

Greg,
I had no idea they were in the EU. Thanks very much.

Brian

Let us know how you get on - I'm doing the same trip in July.

:beerjug:

Baltics

I intend to travel through Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia in June this year (from Poland to Finland). What are the travel requirements regarding documents, and insurance for me and the bike? Is Belarus worth a visit?

Many thanks in advance.

Brian

I can't speak for Estonia, but have travelled extensively in Latvia and Lithuania. 1st warning: they drive like absolute psycho's. If staying in Vilnius, I stay here normally: www.litinterp.com a nice friendly basic B&B, and the yard is locked at night.

Belarus is not in the EU....there is a travel agency in either the bus station or train station (can't remember which) that will sort out a visa at short notice if you wish to visit. www.inyourpocket.com produces paper and online guides which are superb and will give you all the local info you need.

Enjoy!
Chris.

Baltics

Hi, I did all those countries last year, here's a link to my blog. It may answer some of your questions, but it was written more as an aide memoir for me so it may not!!

If you get to Belarus look out for a motorcycle group (gang) called Rolling Anarchy, very nice bunch who looked after me through Russia & Georgia!!

JC

http://blog.travelpod.com/travel-blog/jcontheroad/1/tpod.html

Back
Top Bottom