BMW 2 in 1 gloves

RichieS

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Anyone tried the above gloves? Like the look and idea of them, but £140 is alot to try blind.

Ta

Richie

Tried them on and they look and feel great... Good idea too.. Expensive yes would I buy them yes :)

I saw these and thought they were great. You should be able to get 10% discount if you ask nicely. They are a version of a Held glove that they have been doing for a couple of years, the Held ones are about £160 I think.

Bought a pair last week from Parks in East Kilbride. Nice gloves.

He said that he bought in a large stock of them so was knocking them out at £119 a pair.

I paid my money but can't help thinking that £119 is a hell of a lot of money for some gloves :nenau

I think the fact that you are getting 2 "pairs" plus the ability not to carry spare waterproof/warmer ones is worth it. As I said the Held equivalents are a lot more expensive.

I've got the Held Touring Star 2 in 1 gloves, great bit of kit and has been said, not need to carry two pairs of gloves. Except I do :blast as I chose the Touring Stars over the Air and Dry as I wanted some properly vented gloves, some less vented and then the goretex option.

Expensive, but worth it IMO.

Bought some of these as I liked the idea.
Took them on a 700 miles weekend run in varied conditions and I have to say I am glad I bought them. The waterproof chamber is a bit tighter than the 'grip' chamber but hopefully this will give but all in all worth the money for the protection and ability to just take one pair of gloves. Strangely the trim on the bottom of the gloves clearly shows the Held brand name!!
However is one pair enough!!

Bought a pair from Balderstons recently and broke them in on a trip to Belgium & France in early May 2014. Robustly built, look and feel very protective, they were comfortable in a wide range of conditions from sunny and almost 25 degrees to a day of continuous cold rain and wind which felt much colder than the 10 degrees it actually was. Great for touring, much better than carrying two pairs.

Got mine too from Michelle at Balderstons. My previous pair of gloves cost £70 7 yrs ago and have served me well over the period. £140 is a good price and if they also last 7 yrs then it's money well spent.

Was out riding in the cold rain and got pissed off for not sorting a set of waterproof gloves sooner. So I swerved into the BMW stealer and bought a pair of 2-in- gloves. Came out of the stealer and the rain had stopped!! Is this why they claim to be waterproof?:D

Was thinking about these but the price had put me off. Might have to change my mind again now. Like mentioned, if they last a long time they'll be worth and I guess you are getting 2 pairs in theory

Only done a short ride in mine but they are very comfy, even when hands are in the thermal section. I often struggle to get any gloves to fit my big hands properly, but I'm pleased with the size 12 I purchased. I just need to test them in a bucket of water really.

IMG_4790_zps4861fedc.jpg

IMG_4789_zps9310fdf4.jpg

IMG_4788_zps2cd5ab33.jpg

I've just tried a pair out on a ride from UK to Austria and back. I found the "grip" side to be well fitting and very comfortable. However, after a couple of hours the waterproof fitting seemed to be rather uncomfortable to me. The fit felt ok in the shop. They didn't leak. Perhaps they will stretch slightly with continued use and all will be wonderful, at least that's what usually happens. Hope this helps, cheers!

Just back from Germany and the gloves had a good test over a period of 8 days - heatwave and thunderstorms.

The "summer" side worked well in temps of mid thirties and were never really uncomfortable.

The "waterproof" side was somewhat less effective. Can't say for sure that they let rain in (could have been sweaty hands) but they felt clammy when putting them on in the morning after a good soaking the day before.

Just back from Germany and the gloves had a good test over a period of 8 days - heatwave and thunderstorms.

The "summer" side worked well in temps of mid thirties and were never really uncomfortable.

The "waterproof" side was somewhat less effective. Can't say for sure that they let rain in (could have been sweaty hands) but they felt clammy when putting them on in the morning after a good soaking the day before.

The stitching on my gloves started failing after almost 18 months. The main problem was the l/h trigger finger which you use for the headlight flashers.

Mentioned this to the guys at Park's East Kilbride and they arranged a replacement pair which I picked up today. I didn't realise that these gloves have a 24 month warranty.

Back
Top Bottom