Thread: Arai Lids Quantum F

Hybrid View

Trotts

Arai Lids Quantum F

Get in quick !! Have been looking for a new lid for a while, and really fancied the Quantum F which was retailing at around £329 in shops and on-line at around £250 mark, plus P.P

By all accounts this popular lid is going to be dis-continued and M/City had it on offer at £229. However only have some race replica's left, and 3 or 4 colours. I wanted the Grey to match the 'Beak' !!

Went to Fowlers in Bristol and they too had them at £229 and in my colour !! They are selling fast, job done, out comes my flexible friend. One 'F' for a silly price. Other out-lets are NOT knocking down the price, so if you are after a new lid, worth a look. They also have the Arai R7 down to £350 instead of £450, IF you are afer a top of the range.

For what its worth lads and lasses !!

Jimb

The Reason

They are being discontinued because Arai's are the noisiest lids of all and the fidley little air vents are a real pain, also the air whistles in where the visor lifting latch is and causes your left eye to water.

Leave it alone, get a schuberth concept.

Originally posted by Jimb

Leave it alone, get a schuberth concept.
    ...and look like one of the cast for a 'Smash' potatoe advert

...and look like one of the cast for a 'Smash' potatoe advert

yes get a schuberth.then:
    you too can say" they peel them with their metal knives"
    smashie.

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    I think the best advise here is buy the helmet that fits you the best.

I brought a Quantum F in a small my last helmet was large! the seller of the Quatum persisted in getting me to buy the smallest lid I could get on.

It bloody hurt to take it on an off and I really thought i'd end up with rugby player ears...now it fits like a glove.

So if it fit's and you'll know if you try a few others go for it....I've never had aproblem with venting.

I supose its worth adding a true test of comfort for me was the Sahara or bust trip 4300 miles in 7 days one day of 20 hours.

I used and took plenty of soft ear plugs and spent a lot of time at high speed.
    Sell my bike?
    I would rather stick wasps up my arse !

Trotts

Interesting !

My 'head' is the Arai shape, and these fit me like a glove !! Before I bought I did check the Mcn boards on products and it is an interesting read from owners who own the lids. By far all really rated it, and concur a bit of noise, but tell me a lid which is quiet ? As I am a ear plug man, no problems.

I also own a Concept !! Depends on what I am doing, which lid will I wear ! There is loads on the Concept on this site, and either you love the style or not. I got mine on the cheap (Thanks to Bilko ! ) but for me I do find it noisey, and a bit bulky.

As to the MCN site, the products board is worth a read on any buying issues

Blah blah

Quite agree with all you say Wreford, other than an off road and open face helmets I haven't worn anything else/less for last 12years.

Draughty? then visor not adjusted properly. Fit a neoprene draft excluder, use tape to stop it slipping off. But I have experienced draft around the eyes so either use sunglasses or clear.

Find them too claustrophobic to use a Foggy so use Bob Heath demister.

Fiddly air vents? How often is that a problem, at least it has some.

Noise? ear plugs.

Expensive? Yes
    After sales service? second to none.

Quality............

Jesus I sound like an Arai salesman so I'll stop!
    Tim

The noise issue is a very personal thing. I have a Quantum E, and I have found the noise levels to be decent enough. I just got a Quantum F at Carnells for £229, and on my Triumph, its is very good indeed. I haven't tried it on the GS as yet. The other thing about the Arai's is the quality. They are superb in that respect.

Bob