What gear are you wearing?

Uncle-Fester

Unhinged
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I need to start thinking about replacing some of my worn out clothing and boots, so was wondering what the discerning GS rider wears, and what (from your suggestions) I can afford to wear?

I think I'll need boots first.....

All comments and input welcome.

Anything.

As long as it's Hi Viz of course......can't be too careful ya know :rob

Stich and Altberg
Surprised you need to ask

Sent using witchcraft

Can a mod move this from the 1150 technical section to the "Clothing and protective gear" section.

Boots -
Winter - Daytone GTX
Sunmmer - Altbergs

Gear -
Summer - leathers
Winter / wet weather - Hein Gericke Master Jacket & Trews (& Hi Viz)

Helmet -
Summer - Caberg flip front
Winter - Shoei full face

Cold weather I wear a cold-killer thin jacket underneath my outer layer

And hot grips...

Don't know how much you want to spend. My HG Master ProShell suit cost over £1,000 and is utterly waterproof so far. Very warm in winter as well but not well ventilated for summer.

My son, who is just getting into biking, bought some entry level Weiss kit. A run from Tighnabruaich through Inverary, north then east through Tyndrum, Crianlarich etc. and back down Loch Lomond side on the A82 to Glasgow was mostly completed in pouring rain. He was bone dry as well.

TCX boots for both of us. Different styles but we both had dry feet.

The Weiss kit has won a lot of plaudits on Ride equipment tests.

I wear Lowa Mountain boots with no probs, never get wet feet. Rallye suit which I wouldn't recommend if you ride all year, and a Buffalo Special 6 and Ron Hills underneath. Muffs and heated grips sort the hands out. :thumb2 Up here with the side winds a Tour X is a liability!

I need to start thinking about replacing some of my worn out clothing and boots, so was wondering what the discerning GS rider wears, and what (from your suggestions) I can afford to wear?

I think I'll need boots first.....

All comments and input welcome.

BMW's new Gravel Boots - very comfortable and sub-zero in the coolness stakes :D

Oh and a Boulder Jacket with either City or Summer Trousers, Shoei Neotec helmet.

I just upgraded my HG textile kit to Rukka Cosmic textiles and it is superb, ok it's pricey but all laminated so doesn't saturate and brilliant protection should the worse happen with a removeable lining to give good summer ventilation. Winter boots are Altbergs and summer Sidi B2 Gore (not vented but lighter than Altbergs while still waterproof)
Arai corsair lid and Rukka argosaurus gloves.
If it gets really warm then Kevlar impregnated jeans and Dainese jacket.
The trouble is its a very 'personal' area......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CMC Motorcycles are doing the RST Paragon II adventure jacket for £89 at the moment, which is £100 off! I'd say thats a good place to start

HG master evo Gtx jacket and bib and brace brilliant although no warrenty anymore since they went down the pan.

TCX Infinity boots brilliant

Alpinestars 365 gloves

Lid is Arai GT Viper

Rukka for the winter and wet days, Aerostitch Roadcrafter for winter for rides > 2 hrs, BKS made to measure leathers for summer and for really hot days BMW air jacket and dragging jeans.

Daytona Roadstar for everyday and Alpinestars SMX when riding the Ducati.

I have an HG two piece suit but it's a standby job as it doesn't nearly match the Rukka.

Helmet - another Neotec here! By all accunts not the quietest but excellent quality, comfort and practicality.

Boots - Dainese, Goretex lined general touring boots.

Jacket and pants - BMW Streetguard 3 .... couldn't resist the discounted offers being put out by the dealers due to the replacement Streetguard coming. So far I've found my new purchase to be fantastic. I use a Keis heated vest underneath for chilly conditions.

Ive been impressed with my Daytona goretex boots picked up cheap in a HG firesale, the thin soles are very hard wearing compared to the likes of alpine stars smx. Quite a wide/big fitting and they look a bit pants but they are comfy and appear up to heavy use.

Other gear is hein gerick master V suit (really like it), and alpinestars 365 goretex gloves for 3 seasons, some chunky ixs gloves for winter, both ok and up to the job.

Just treated myself to this Rev-it suit

Rev'it Poseidon GTX Textile Jacket / Trousers , about £1k for the suit.

A 3 seasons suit with the goretex bonded to the outside of the textile (no saturation) removable thermal liners and effective vents on the jacket and trousers.

Back
Top Bottom