Tank bag fitting kit (photos)?

Deleted account 200502001

Reaction score
Ive got a GS tank bag which id hoped would fit my 2009GSA, but whilst the bag looks as though it will fit, the fitting bracket is obviously wrong, as per the photos. Before i butcher the bracket to fit, am I right in thinking that there will be a different bracket available for my GSA? Also, the rubber pad on my tank prevents me fitting the adhesive velcro pad, but I reckon I could just lay the zip part under the seat when the bags not in use...

IMG_4545_zps1bc28792.jpg

IMG_4547_zps7a1921db.jpg

IMG_4549_zpsc484fc27.jpg

You need the fitting kit for ADV version, your local dealer can get this for you, it replaces the rear fixing shown in your last photo, about £13 I seem to recall :thumby:

You need the fitting kit for ADV version, your local dealer can get this for you, it replaces the rear fixing shown in your last photo, about £13 I seem to recall :thumby:

Just been to see my local BMW dealer about this but he didn't have a clue what I was talking about, denying any existence of a separate rear fitting kit. If anyone knows the part number for the Adventure rear fixing kit then please let me know. In the meantime with the help of another forum I've cut down the bracket to make it fit.

This rear fitting kit must for the GS model, with it fited to my GSA it just didn't work..

IMG_4571_zpsfa55aa0d.jpg

IMG_4577_zpsd05040ff.jpg

So I cut the bracket and re-drilled the holes, and covered the edges with tape to prevent scratches..

IMG_4581_zps20c6ac13.jpg

Bingo! It fits...

IMG_4582_zps27c7f15b.jpg

IMG_4585_zps7743e4d3.jpg

IMG_4588_zpsb306cdf2.jpg

I have one of these bags fitted to my 2011 GS so will have a look to see what the part no is,and see if it matches yours.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have one of these bags fitted to my 2011 GS so will have a look to see what the part no is,and see if it matches yours.

The part no on mine is 7160 7 713 016 and the Brkt fits close to the back of the tank not loose like yours. Hope this has been of some help. Let me know if you want any photos.

The part no on mine is 7160 7 713 016 and the Brkt fits close to the back of the tank not loose like yours. Hope this has been of some help. Let me know if you want any photos.

Thanks, thats the same bracket as mine but it doesn't fit a GSA without butchering it. Im wondering if the lower attachment of the GSA tank bags is available as a separate item?

Have I mounted the lower shackle in the correct place? Surely it can't locate under the rubber pad as its not secure enough? Or am I using the wrong mounting bracket?

IMG_4618_zpscbe5af8d.jpg

Back
Top Bottom