HP2 road wheel options...

Wreford Miles

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
My HP2 has a Woodys 18in Rear and with the Kawa works forks a Talon hub & Excell rim 21in set up and non standard single disc.

I want to keep these with offroad tyres and get another set for the road, the rear has been sorted and a nice 1200 Adv spoked wheel will be arriving soon (do I need different studs?)

The front is the one that needs some thinking about...

It looks like I will need to stay with a Talon hub so I can run the same disc but do I go for a 17in or 19 in front?

I dont want to change the suspension when I swap wheels around so would a 17in be to aggresive and would I be better with a 19 in

Or should I go 17in because everyone should super moto at some stage in their life?

Thoughts please...

Thank you

That will turn in real quick with a 17" front. Might need a steering damper as well.

I've got the standard supermoto 17in wheel on the front of my HP2, yes it does turn in real quick but there is no need for a steering damper.

One thing I do notice is that once I've run the front for a few thousand miles it starts to turn in quicker, maybe because I've worn off the edges of the tyre. :D

I'd go 17 front and have the supermoto set up.
I can probably ride mine quicker like that than any other bike I've ever had.. I even dropped the forks through the the yokes to speed up the turn in.
Great fun on the road

It's a whole lot of fun on the 17"... although it does look kinda odd, such a small wheel on such a big bike...

1536619_10202647152211704_3684662024099319268_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom