Superfast Booking

denny

Reaction score
I'm trying to organise our 2 week trip to Europe from Turkey. The plan is take take the overnight ferry from Igoumenitsa to Ancona and as we'll be doing a non stop ride from Istanbul an internal cabin makes sense. I've been on the Anek-Superfast site to check prices/availability which has thrown up a price of about €420 on the Superfast XI. I also went on the Superfast site only to discover our crossing will be low season and costs about €340. Here's the annoying bit, the site is not letting me get past the first part of 6 stages on their online booking page. I've tried on my wifeys iPad with no joy.

Has anyone booked using the Superfast site, offer any suggestions, know of alternative booking methods?

Contacted their agent in Istanbul, apparently there's a problem with the Superfast site and that I should stick with the Anek-Superfast site....or buy through them. £365 is a lot of wedge for a double room though, think we go for the dorms at £220 instead...

I remember booking that route through www.aferry.com although this was in 2008.

Get your own room if you can, you don't want to end up sharing with a load of locals (Turks) heading to Germany, who aren't used to the concept of personal hygiene, also people tend to get boozed up and sharing a dorm with a drunk when you've had a long day on the bike, would not be fun.

The extra is worth it. I've done the trip twice, once with a room, and once sharing...which I will never do again.

I was thinking at that time of year the 'gurbetci' Turks would be travelling East bound back 'home' to their villages in their stupid inseparable convoys. I find it amusing how they stick to the rules when in Germany but drive worst that the locals when here :rolleyes:

Will lay the cards on the table and let her decide....although a cabin is very tempting even if the difference is almost the same as a new set of tyres.

I'm trying to organise our 2 week trip to Europe from Turkey. The plan is take take the overnight ferry from Igoumenitsa to Ancona and as we'll be doing a non stop ride from Istanbul an internal cabin makes sense. I've been on the Anek-Superfast site to check prices/availability which has thrown up a price of about €420 on the Superfast XI. I also went on the Superfast site only to discover our crossing will be low season and costs about €340. Here's the annoying bit, the site is not letting me get past the first part of 6 stages on their online booking page. I've tried on my wifeys iPad with no joy.

Has anyone booked using the Superfast site, offer any suggestions, know of alternative booking methods?

Use these ferries every year.Early bookings give you all sorts of discounts, up to 50%.
Not sure when you want to travel but have Anek lines latest price list picked up on ferry 2 weeks ago.

Prices are for two bed inside CAT AB2 cabin one way are:-
Low season 163, Mid season (they call it shoulder season for some reason) 197 High season 206
These prices are in Euros not LSD. All of June and July departures from Patras are low season. (All the Igoumenitsa ferries start from Patras. Cost is same whether you get on at Patras or Igoumenitsa.

Sharing a 4 berth cabin with 2 unknowns can be an experience, on average probably not good.
Costs for bike are 26 33 39 respectively (again Euros) (present rate £1 gets you 1.228euros

Back
Top Bottom