Ground anchor installation - photos

Ive since made a cut in the sleeve of the chain to pass the pin through, so now it doesn't trail on the floor...

IMG_4800_zps7afd3f4d.jpg

I have one of those waiting to go in the floor of my new garage when it's poured in a few weeks. Much better than a bolted in job I reckon.

I have one of those waiting to go in the floor of my new garage when it's poured in a few weeks. Much better than a bolted in job I reckon.

If you can concrete it in and do a proper job then for sure this will be the most secure option. Don't discount the bolt in option though, as high end ground locks, like those from Pragmasis, now come with resin capsules to secure the bolts into the ground which gives a very secure fit.

Looking at the ground anchor design, would it be easy to use a diamond blade to grind through the concrete base then the steel root of the "Y" then lift the chain straight out of the resulting hole? I know that would be an effort but bike thieves are cunning and usually tooled up for the job of having your pride and joy away. Surely most pikeys own a petrol disc cutter.

Looking at the ground anchor design, would it be easy to use a diamond blade to grind through the concrete base then the steel root of the "Y" then lift the chain straight out of the resulting hole? I know that would be an effort but bike thieves are cunning and usually tooled up for the job of having your pride and joy away. Surely most pikeys own a petrol disc cutter.

They may as well just cut the chain.

I've got an old PAYG Android smartphone permanently running a Baby Monitor app in my garage. It uses the phones microphone to pick up noise levels and sensitivity can be adjusted to suit the environment. When noise levels exceed the limit, the phone takes a photo of the 'baby' and rings my current mobile number and send me the pic.

So if someone attempts to break or cut their way to my bike I'll know about it when it's happening, and then.....:mcgun :D

Ground anchor

Hi Bear,

Like the set up. Q. Did you make the anchor yourself or was it 'off the shelf' item, and if so, where from. Just in the process of having a garage built and may as well have one installed whilst pouring the base.

Thanks

Richie

By 'eck there's some thieving bastards in Sheffield int there !

Same as RichieS..I have just dug my garage floor out ready to concrete. :thumb2

Hi Bear,

Like the set up. Q. Did you make the anchor yourself or was it 'off the shelf' item, and if so, where from. Just in the process of having a garage built and may as well have one installed whilst pouring the base.

Thanks

Richie

I purchased it from ebay, from this seller...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/70-x-70-Y...82?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item3a914066b2

But mine is a 100mm x 100mm size. He seems to have different sizes available at different times. The original anchor I was intending to buy was the Y-Anchor Y-Max90, but the ebay model looked just as good and for less money.

Whichever brand of Y anchor you fit, make sure it accepts your chain, especially if you upgrade to a 19mm chain in the future. Almax are now advertising a 22mm chain!

Back
Top Bottom