another maping problem

kevingrahambutler

Reaction score
when i down load from openstreet map i take the windows file maps, and i put it on map source, when i transfer a route I've made in map source, the route on my 2610 tells me the route is not set with the maps on the unit, do you want me to re calculate if yes error happens if i click no i doesn't follow a road. should I also down load the other file and put that on my memery card inside the 2610 as well

hope you no what I mean

Yes, either download the .img file from OSM and stick it on your Compact Flash card. Not sure if you need to use a particular directory structure as with later Garmins, have a look at what's already on there. I suggest backing up the existing card data to your PC before doing this.

Alternatively install Garmin MapInstall which will take the OSM mapping you have already installed on your PC, do some appropriate jiggery pokery with it, and then load it onto your memory card. I suggest doing this via a card reader rather than direct to the GPS. It will be much quicker, the 2610 only does USB1, i.e. slow...

Being a 2610 I think the mapping is stored as a GMAPSUPP.IMG file. You'll need to replace this with the OSM version. Hence why you should back-up what you already have, just in case you want to revert.

OSM

works ok on mine'did it this way

down loaded osm tiles to garmin file. Opened mapsource and selected OSM. Selected tile tool and highlighted tles---downloaded tiles to 2610. After that all routes go in without question.

Don't know if that makes sense, but that's how I did it.

Bill

Back
Top Bottom