New Toy !

Silver-Surfer

Reaction score
Just bought this ! !

2004 Land Rover Defender 90

150,000 and in good condition.

Looks and drives great with the usual problems ! !

Heater doesn't work ! and the central locking and alarm seem to be "deactivated"

Just need to figure out how to short these two wee problems !

Any advice would be great thanks. I am a Land Rover virgin and wanted one for years and finally bit the bullet YOLO !

Loving her :)

SS

Attachments

• Landy Pic.jpg
    Landy Pic.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 361
....actually that IS the heater working.

I jest. Could be a couple of things.
The heater matrix can block up - with rust if antifreeze is weak.
Before going in that deep, check the cable link controlling the feed pipe mounted 'tap' on the bulkhead is operating fully - turn heater on and see if the pipes to and from the matrix warm up.
Any overheating issues in the past or current, heater matrix is weakest link with over pressurised coolant (head gasket blown) This then bursts the matrix and some dodgy folks blank off the pipes to mask the issue. The metal pipes also corrode where the rubber hoses affix, these leak and are bypassed to hide the fault.
Have a look under the bonnet and see whats connected and if it all moves correctly first.

Thanks Schtum , think I might pay them a visit and then drop in for a coffee at yours hahahahahhaha !

Duncan

Heater- Remove the black plastic wing top cover on near side, reach your hand down and see if you can spin the heater assembly by hand. Remove any leaves/debris whilst your hands down there.

Alarm- does the fob need new batteries? Might need reprogramming if you do fit new fob batteries.

When I was in the world of Landrovers, I had a TD5 chip upgrade from TD5Alive,many it transformed the engine.

I was only into 110's so also had a gearbox recon with discovery gearing, it made cruising a lot easier.

Used to change the seats and had a set of Ford KA or just retrim and put seat heaters in.

Not sure if yours has a bulkhead behind the seats, but if it does then a bar can give the seats a lot more Rake.

Also consider fitting windows in the van sides to make it easier to see when at junctions.

Have fun!

Back
Top Bottom