F700GS best touring screen???

KazmaxGS

Reaction score
I bought a lovely 2013 F700GS for regular touring to Europe (and hopefully other places in time....) and purchased the large BMW windscreen for the purposes of comfort and wind deflection on these trips. I do use it for regular riding at other times of course, including commuting, BUT, my query is for advice please on the best replaceable option for a better touring windscreen as the large BMW one does NOT deflect off me as much as I would like (and I am vertically challenged so am not tall - a mere 5ft3inches) and find that I still get too much windblast directly into my shoulders and head area which makes for very tired neck muscles etc. so not ideal for touring hundreds of miles per day.

As such, I am considering a taller and stronger alternative and would ask for recommendations and experiences as to what people have and use themselves please? I would like one that looks nice and suits the bike, is tall enough and does the job, but do not want one that is too tall and then wobbles or vibrates unnecessarily or unattractively at speed.

I am considering either the PUIG touring windscreen or the slightly more expensive PUIG adjustable touring windscreen (is the adjustable worth the extra money????) OR the GIVI AF5107 Airflow sliding windscreen.

Please help with your advice on which you use, recommend etc. and if you have an alternative suggestion to the three above, please do let me know.

Many thanks.
:thumb2

Screen

Hi KazmaxGS

I have the PUIG touring windscreen on my 700 (not adjustable) ....goes on well and fit's neat and matches the bike well.

I'm 5ft 11ins and the wind blast hits me right on the top of my helmet (Shoei Mutitec) where the vent is so not ideal, however its not to bad, if you keep the speed down.

The main trouble with a taller screen is that you may look through it, rather than over it ........your choice.

Hope this helps

Bigboy

Comments

Thanks to both for advice - still somewhat undecided and may try find someone with a taller screen to have a real life looky see as your comment Bigboy is an important one - not sure I want to look through the screen so will have to weigh up wind blasting -v- looking through.

Thanks both, will hopefully be able to decide soon (though am not in a rush as am just recovering w=from breaking my arm and shattering shoulder so cannot ride for another 2 or 3 months unfortunately..... :-( )

K

I have an F800 screen on mine that I chopped the side mounts off and it fits perfectly using just the stock 4 mounting bolts on the F700. No issues with vibration with the 2 side pieces missing and keeps the wind off nicely. All for the princely sum of £25 via eBay. Sometimes it's about where you direct the wind, not how much of it you deflect.

Does get a bit windy above 85/90 though but I tend to ride more sedately than that so not really an issue for me.

Back
Top Bottom