Can somebody tell me????

stegs

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I tour with just a soft bag on my rack and a smaller bag in front of it on the seat.

At the end of a long day my little legs :( struggle to get my 700 back up off the side stand and sooner or later I am going to drop it I feel.

Have been thinking about using a single side bag, on the right hand side, which by keeping the weight down low would make it easier to stand the bike up.

Or I am deluding myself?? :nenau

Yep...tried a wooden block, complete with string so I can pick it up once upright and it works to certain extent. I have no problem when not carrying luggage, but a combination of luggage, long days and short legs makes for difficulties.

Yep...tried a wooden block, complete with string so I can pick it up once upright

Is this a serious question and answer ? A block with a piece of string ffs :blast

How else to get whatever it is from under the side stand?

But really, I just want to know if a bag on the right hand side would make it easier to get up off the side stand.

But really.... Just fit your single bag on one side and see how you get on.

It's really that simple.

Short bods... they moan that the bike stands too tall, so BMW alter the sidestand, enabling the bike to lean further at rest. Then they moan that it's too steep (and too heavy) to then pull up to the vertical.

God (or their imagination) really should tell them something.....

I suggest they strap cigar boxes to their feet. Prince Charles did for his wedding to Lady D, or he'd have looked rediculous.

Try a chevy small block in the bag ,that may help. Gods fuckin teeth.:blast

Lowered saddle or suspension might solve it. I have a short inseam, the Sargent seat on my GSA makes it easy to manage so your 700 might be similar?

Thanks for the replies. However, the sidestand is fine, the seat height is fine, the bike is great. I'm not sure where wapping gets the idea that i am moaning about anything other than my elderly legs getting weary at the end of a long day. It was purely a case of wondering if I could improve things by moving the weight of luggage from above the seat to below it.

Not a biggie.

Thanks one and all.

Thanks for the replies. However, the sidestand is fine, the seat height is fine, the bike is great. I'm not sure where wapping gets the idea that i am moaning about anything other than my elderly legs getting weary at the end of a long day. It was purely a case of wondering if I could improve things by moving the weight of luggage from above the seat to below it.

Not a biggie.

Thanks one and all.

Don't worry about the reference to moaning, that's wapping's initiation for new boys who obviously know nothing because they have a low post count, whereas he's got a high post count and is a moderator who can say whatever he likes. Just ignore it/him. Sadly, you can't actually put him on 'ignore' because he's a moderator, so if you haven't been put off by his nauseating attitude to anyone new (and actually intend to post again in future) then just don't bother reading anything that he says. Works for me.

Re shorties...not sure if you can get Ride magazine down under, but there's a few mildly interesting letters in it this month's issue about this very subject.

HTH.

It might be a riding position issue trapping blood vessels to legs or a low back issue affecting nerve function.
Try stopping more often to stretch legs.

Sent from a widget that can't spell.

I tour with just a soft bag on my rack and a smaller bag in front of it on the seat.

At the end of a long day my little legs :( struggle to get my 700 back up off the side stand and sooner or later I am going to drop it I feel.

Have been thinking about using a single side bag, on the right hand side, which by keeping the weight down low would make it easier to stand the bike up.

Or I am deluding myself?? :nenau

Try it :idea

If nothing else , make sure the front wheel is turned to the right before you get on..When you cock your leg over the bike, put your right foot onto the foot peg and not the floor.Put your weight on the peg..

Once sat on the bike Don't heave it up off the side using brute force, but quickly push your hips to the right while pulling gently on the bars and it will come up easily. Well, it does for my short little legs anyway.

Back
Top Bottom