Shoei Neotec and Cardo Bluetooth

islandbob

Reaction score
Has anyone used the Cardo Bluetooth comms, My wife and I have been using two BMW system 6 helmets over the last two years but in reality for long rides they were really quite uncomfortable, the comms worked well even with her riding her own bike, the bluetooth range was OK up to about 70- 100 meters max. We have just changed to Shoei Neotec helmets and the purpose built Shoei SHO-1 comms kit. Has anyone used this system? it seems to be quite muffled on the speakers as if it needs to have the treble adjusted.
Reviews elsewhere suggest a range of 1 mile , we will see but hopefully it will work OK for what I want.

Hi myself and a couple of mates are using the scala cardo bluetooth comms and have found them brilliant good for at least half a mile maybe a bit more, very comfy in the helmet sound quality is excellent and most of the time i actually end up turning down a bit. I also wear a neotec lid and they don't dig into your ears like other types.Even at 140 mph on another bike (not the gs) normal speech was clear and sound. Hope this helps safe rides.

Hi myself and a couple of mates are using the scala cardo bluetooth comms and have found them brilliant good for at least half a mile maybe a bit more, very comfy in the helmet sound quality is excellent and most of the time i actually end up turning down a bit. I also wear a neotec lid and they don't dig into your ears like other types.Even at 140 mph on another bike (not the gs) normal speech was clear and sound. Hope this helps safe rides.

Ditto that. I have Scala Q3 multi units, they're very good.

I've recently bought a SHO-1 for my also recently bought new Neotec lid. Prior to a dramatic off back in April by some knob pulling out in front of me (thanks for the fractured Pelvis, always wondered what one felt like :anger) I used a wired in Autocom on a FJR1300.

I decided that when I get back on two wheels I wanted to modernize a bit and 'go cordless'. I ride solo, and mostly on my own so have no real need for the intercom or bike to bike facility but I do big rides and what previously put me off bluetooth units was their relatively crappy battery life, and need to not use it while recharging. So when the SHO-1 came along, designed for Shoei lids, and more importantly with a separate replaceable battery I thought I'd give it a go.

I've obviously not used it in anger yet but I'm impressed with the fact that you can connect it to a PC and update it's software, download a phone app to adjust and set all it's features, has a built in FM radio with RDS and so long as I power my phone while on the bike I will be able to listen to music, make calls, and listen to sat nav directions from my Zumo - nice.

The only downside is the cost. At £300 for a headset this is a big hit. Luckily I found a new one on ebay last week £100 cheaper :clap

Slightly off topic now but as soon as I get my Injury claim pay-out I hope to be buying a GSA and become a proper Tosser :bounce1

Back
Top Bottom