garmin 350lm basecamp help needed

kennyboy

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I am a simpleton when it comes to technical issues ,I can make garmin express work and it downloads ok but it all of a sudden wont recognise basecamp ,ive probably ballsed up something any help would be appreciated before the big hammer sorts it:nenau

I was not aware that there was any link between GE and Basecamp. GE links to your satnav device(s) and manages updates of firmware and maps to the devices. And it allows you to download ma updates to the computer at the same time as downloading to the device. And, once the maps have been downloaded to the specific folder on your computer, then Basecamp picks them up and makes them available when you are using Basecamp.

baseamp troubles with zumo 350

maps are loaded direct onto zumo and then used with basecamp to plot a route. I had a laptop glitch which somehow stopped basecamp seeing my device(zumo) .This may help others 1 turn on zumo do not plug into laptop. 2 Tap view maps 3 Tap speedo(bottom right hand corner) 4 Tap circular speedo and hold down for ten seconds. 5 Scroll down to HTP settings 6 Select mass storage device and save . that was mine sorted good luck to anyone else, Garmin were a complete waste of time .If ive learned anything from this it would be tell everyone to forget about Garmin and purchase from the opposition as their support is rubbish .:rob

"Waves... - Hi!"

Thanks for the nod Boxer - yup, we reckon we've pretty much solved all of the above with our mapping system - https://www.motogoloco.com/map/. Create a route, save it (you'll need a user account, which is free, takes 20 seconds and we promise not to spam the crap out of your inbox!), and you can transfer it straight onto your Garmin/TomTom from there. It really does cut out a heckuva lot of faffing about!

Oh, and there's another batch of tweaks and updates being worked on as I type, so it should be even easier to use again very shortly.

-James

Back
Top Bottom