What to do with this now I've made it

Deleted account 200123001

Reaction score
Having seen the touratech version I decided that I could lash something up from aluminim for a fraction of the cost with some loss of quality...(and durablity of finish since already scratched by a lock).

So...with a bit of ally plate of ebay and some very expensive prefluxed alloy rods I knocked this up to replace the pillion pad.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rf3g8bbecm3xn8v/2014-07-14 19.18.05.jpg

So apart from add foam underneath to stop the tools rattling what to do with it.

I really dont like having just the top box on as it looks a bit daft.

I'd like a locakble box circa 200mm wide 250mm deep 150mm high ish to carry locks and emergency puncture repair but I cant find a case of the required dims, there is peli case of the right dims but its orientation is the wrong way. An ammo case would probably have done the job too but again cant find one the right size.

Google cases LIKE peli cases.....there are several brands of similar quality....Storm cases for example, similar lifetime guarantee.

Practically no, aesthetically yes. Silly I know but it will irritate me if it's not symmetrical.

On the other hand it will be much easier accessing tools etc. from the side of the bike if the lid opens to the right :augie :D

It must irritate the hell out of you when you look down and see the cylinders are not symmetrical. Or the headlights (1100 excepted) :D
The head lights do bug me the cylinders not so much because there is a good mechanical reason why they are offset.

Back
Top Bottom