Airhawks

JohnnyBoxer

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Not half bad, are they ?

First time I tried one last night & after the adjusting to let more air out, finally got comfy

They do work, even if they look a bit pants :)

They're brilliant, use mine for all long runs, took a bit of time to get the adjustment and position right otherwise it used to make me feel like I needed to wee every five minutes, but wouldn't be without one now.
Be interested to hear from anyone who's got the Cruiser R: "Designed to address the issues with prostatitis and general discomfort in the sacrum and coccyx area"

I have a damaged coccyx and was using the V2 for a while but eagerly anticipating the 'R' model which took some time to see the light of day from when Airhawk first told me about it. The 'R' model definitely works better for me and fits the GSA seat better than the V2 IMO. Having said that, I think a decent seat is a better option but if that's not available I'd definitely be using the 'R' Airhawk.

Kevin

Soon as you realise that less is more ie better in the inflation department they are a cracking bit of kit , we did two 450 mile days whilst away on the gsa. Without the seats I am in real discomfort after 90 or so miles on the standard seat

I wouldn't have thought you'd need extra cushioning Johnny ..... :D

Having lost mine in the fire last year, I bought the R... I noticed the difference right away.. way less pressure on the tackle...

I still love mine for long trips, but only use it after a few hundered kms.. then I change back and forth every fuel stop if I got really long distances.

Al...

I have been wondering about these for a while now. They sound very tempting but nevertheless an expensive gamble. I know there has been one or two here for sale but someone always beats me to it. Did you get yours secondhand Johnny or was it new?

Fitted one for a trip to Belgium recently and managed 350 miles on the way back without any problems. Couldn't go 50 miles before that! Top bit of kit once you figure out how little air they actually need in them.

I have been wondering about these for a while now. They sound very tempting but nevertheless an expensive gamble. I know there has been one or two here for sale but someone always beats me to it. Did you get yours secondhand Johnny or was it new?

Used here, after missing out on a few

I thought they were a gimmick, however they do seem to work

Weirdly, the less air the better.....................if you have too much air in it, then it's like riding a waterbed:blast

The reason they work so well is because each individual air pocket is linked together and they follow the contours of your arse. Like posters have pointed out , the least amount of air you can get away with ,the better. They also make a good pillow.

I bought one recently but haven't found it to be of any use despite adjusting the amount of air.

I also bought one recently due to pressure on my coccyx from the rear lip of my sargent seat, got a tour coming up soon so need some relief from pressure on my lower spine.

I found it best when it has almost no air in it. It displaces air to inflate under the groin area when sat on which seems comfortable so far.

Back
Top Bottom