Odometer probs

dave m

Reaction score
Wondered if any of you guys have had any problems, mine goes from blank to reading 1st whilst it's actually in neutral, or it's in 3rd and it's reading 2nd :confused:not sure if it's something I've done whilst servicing it all I done was change pads oil and filter I did take the handlebars off but never removed any of the instruments any ideas !!

Thanks in advance dave

Wondered if any of you guys have had any problems, mine goes from blank to reading 1st whilst it's actually in neutral, or it's in 3rd and it's reading 2nd :confused:not sure if it's something I've done whilst servicing it all I done was change pads oil and filter I did take the handlebars off but never removed any of the instruments any ideas !!

Thanks in advance dave
. Sorry forgot to add gs 800:blast

Potentiometer?

http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php?316290

Just a badly designed part. I suspect as with their cars they are building in a shorter lifespan to their products.

What i didn't include in the post is that when you replace it you still have to take in to have the computer reset.

Part No. 23007711960 has to be ordered from Germany - £120. Labour was £30 on top to do reset not the physical swap.

Best,

S

Potentiometer?

http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php?316290

Just a badly designed part. I suspect as with their cars they are building in a shorter lifespan to their products.

What i didn't include in the post is that when you replace it you still have to take in to have the computer reset.

Part No. 23007711960 has to be ordered from Germany - £120. Labour was £30 on top to do reset not the physical swap.

Best,

S

Thanks a lot mate, it's now blank when in 3 rd I was going to go to bm il have a go my self now .

Mine was playing up recently on a euro jaunt, since then it has righted it self and then slipped back to confusion. Now all ok, something's adrift. :blast

yep indicating that its in a gear it is not, display going blank. now its all working ok, maybe the computers just having a brain fart, this year and in all it's happened 3 times

TBH I've just got on with it as you now what gear it is with feel anyhow. I suppose one day it will bug me enough to fix it.

Interesting to see the fix for when, if it bothers me enough :beerjug:

Dare I suggest the obvious.....? Have you checked the wiring and connectors for the gear change potentiometer? I was getting random gear indications a few weeks ago (after trying to sort an ABS CANbus issue - another story!!) and discovered I hadn't plugged the connectors together properly! http://www.ukgser.com/forums/images/smilies/doh.gif

My speed o in not working. It sticks at different speeds when it does the sweep when you turn the key. The rest is working OK. I guess when you have over 109,000 miles on it things start to go wrong. Worst problems is stators, I am now on third one.

My speed o in not working. It sticks at different speeds when it does the sweep when you turn the key. The rest is working OK. I guess when you have over 109,000 miles on it things start to go wrong. Worst problems is stators, I am now on third one.

Mine has just started doing it as well there must be a epidemic :D it's not affecting anything else just a tad annoying .

Back
Top Bottom