Specky four eyes ?

Another vote for the springy Titanium frames. I suggest that you consider bifocals specifically for the bike. Reactolite or similar, anti-scratch, anti mist, anti reflection blah, blah.

Distance prescription for the main part and then either reading prescription or a cross between a monitor prescription and a reading prescription should allow you to see instruments and satnav, maps etc. You can tell the optician how high you want the reading prescription to start so that you can see everything you need to without it getting in the way of road vision.

Bifocals are easier to use, they cost a lot less than varifocals and if they don't look so good who gives a toss when you're riding. I had a pair like this for four years until I rode away from the STD this year and left them loose on the top of my bag :duh. Now awaiting a replacement set. Another Tosser at the "do" looked at them and pronounced them perfect for what he needed as well.

Mutley are these Split Jackets verifocal ?

They can be, and the amount of the lens given over to near sight can be significantly reduced vs. normal varifocals. That means you have more of the lens for the kind of vision you need when driving.

Yep....sharp intake of breath and retreat is what I did. They may be good but on close inspection I just can't see the money only some fancy description of how good they are.

Well they have a patent on the manufacture of the lenses which means that if you want wrap lenses then they're the only ones you can buy them from. All the other manufacturers have inserts behind the existing lenses, which isn't good as you get a lot of distortion. Oakley lenses are corrected over 2,500 times across each lens to ensure that despite the curve your vision is optically perfect even at the edges. Couple that with the various coatings plus the strength of the frames and there's a lot of high quality manufacturing going into them.

Whether you think they're worth the money is a personal decision, but they are good.

Know what your saying Mutley and I s'pose the reason I'm knocking them is I can't afford them and if I could "would I buy them"....I can't honestly say :rolleyes:

I'm just starting on contact lenses, have one for distance and one for close up - the brains a wonderful thing (or so I'm told) and switches between near far image/eyes as required.
Not done it for long yet but it is quite a revelation!!

Me and the wife both have this sort of contact lens set up for the past 4-5 years. It works really well especially for the bike and double especially in cold wet weather when specs steam up so readily. Both on monthly disposables, as in lenses in at the beginning of the month and out at the end, including sleeping in them. I also have some glasses with the same prescription as my contact lenses that work well for me - even though the optician didn't think they would and said he would refund the lenses if they didn't work.

Sent from my iPhone with a smile :)

Me and the wife both have this sort of contact lens set up for the past 4-5 years. It works really well especially for the bike and double especially in cold wet weather when specs steam up so readily. Both on monthly disposables, as in lenses in at the beginning of the month and out at the end, including sleeping in them. I also have some glasses with the same prescription as my contact lenses that work well for me - even though the optician didn't think they would and said he would refund the lenses if they didn't work.

What!, you can keep them in all month?, without extracting them?...Man that would be great, I'm still struggling with the insertion/extraction bit.

Confidence not helped when wife told me she could still see one there and I end up tugging on the eyeball so to speak before going to optician next day to be told that there wasn't one there - must have fallen out before I initially tried ripping the skin off my eyeball!!

I've been pleased with my titanium NO frame specs fromspecsavers very strong flexible don't take them off except fir cleaning etc
lightweight I will buy again very pleased .

Sounds like a 'Must look into' although I'm having trouble understanding "different lenses for each eye" ?

What!, you can keep them in all month?, without extracting them?...Man that would be great, I'm still struggling with the insertion/extraction bit.

Confidence not helped when wife told me she could still see one there and I end up tugging on the eyeball so to speak before going to optician next day to be told that there wasn't one there - must have fallen out before I initially tried ripping the skin off my eyeball!!
LOL....Ins't that what wives are for!

I've been pleased with my titanium NO frame specs fromspecsavers very strong flexible don't take them off except fir cleaning etc
lightweight I will buy again very pleased .
Another for Titanium, sound like I maybe in Specsavers for the day....I'll put some sarnies up and a flask :thumb

I got pissed off wearing glasses under a helmet, though never had any issues with fitting glasses under any helmet I had. Went down the lazer surgery route & never looked back, though it does cost a fortune in Oakleys & RBs these days;)

Oakley FatCat frames. Straight arms that you can push in once you have the helmet on. I bought my second frames online for £90. Obviously you will need to have your prescription lenses put on.

I had the same problem, contact lenses gave me the freedom I thought I had lost, not easy to start with but if you persevere it is worth it.

The way forward! Before contacts i couldn't even put eye drops in so there's hop for everyone :) I have a varifocal prescription which is dealt with by having one eye tuned for distance and the other tuned for close up sounds like it shouldn't work but it does. Specsavers and other do free trials and my advice would be to try lenses from a few different manufacturers and find some that suit.

Dave

It depends on your reading prescription but it sounds like you're like me, with just a mild prescription in the top of the lens.

Try Dual Eyewear sunglasses - they have a small reading insert in the lens, which is just the job for reading the satnav. Some models have interchangeable lenses and you can get clear ones.

Google is your friend or try wiggle.com

:beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom