F800GS, Which engine bars?

Keith Chapman

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
What is the preferred choice of engine bar for the F800GS? OEM, Touratech, SW Motec, Wonderlich etc.

I am thinking of adding some protection to my 2013 F800GS, not sure if I want to include the uppers just yet. But would be interested to hear what bars others are using and any pros or cons with them.

I fitted oem ones, in part because the Touratech uppers fit onto them, just saving the pennies now for the uppers

Nippy Norman is selling Altrider engine bars on special offer at the mo' at a reduced price of £129 instead of £230. They do include an upper part are very well made and fit properly. Just recently fitted a set to my 800. and are well worth considering.

I have bmw oem lowers with touratech uppers fitted and think they look great. There are expensive however luckily bmw gave me mine as a good will gesture.

Even a simple drop of the bike can damage the rad so would def recommend upper protection. I was lucky enough to drop mine on ice in the winter and wish I had the bars probs would have saved a lot of damage!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've got the adventure spec bars. From what I saw these provide the most protection as they come very high up the bike completely protecting thr fairing as well as the engine. I've dropped my 800gsa half a dozen times now in total whilst trail riding, and they have prevented the bike suffering any damage at all apart from a bent back brake pedal which isnt really their fault. The build quality is fantastic on the bars, I would highly recommend them.

+1 for adventure spec, quite heavy , but realy look and feel like they will do the job. Go on youtube and you can see them being made.

Bought mine off here £100 plus post if i remember right.

Hth

Steve

Nippy Normans has the SW's on offer now. I ordered a set, and fitted them today. Very good instructions for both the 08-12 bikes and 13 onwards, certain bolts and spacers are longer/shorter so you need a ruler to measure the differing pieces.
Great fit and the neatest looking fitted to the bike I've seen in all the online pictures.

Anyone know why the bars from nippy's don't fit the 700gs?
I did email them asking if they fit and got a very un helpful flat no.
No reason or even other options of what would fit.

Anyone know why the bars from nippy's don't fit the 700gs?
I did email them asking if they fit and got a very un helpful flat no.
No reason or even other options of what would fit.

Those Sw's fit the 700, it was on the instructions

Sent from my XT615 using Tapatalk 2

Yep, they fit. Have them on mine. 15 minute job to fit.

They also work quite well too... had a RR Sport pull out on me and hit me head on. Somehow, the bike isn't totally buggered - the front suspension having taken most of the impact and the SW Motech bars + pillion peg saved the side of the bike as it went sliding down the road!

Adventure spec+1, dropped many times off road no damage, one major off on a fuel spilt roundabout where the bike slid 10m, bars and passenger foot peg took it all. Most impressed. I'm 6,2" and my knees pads tuck into them nicely. Taller or no knee pads, gonna hurt or restrict how far forward you can sit in the saddle. Look great to. Cf

Back
Top Bottom