Iron Butt association Ireland Contact details

DomBrown

Reaction score
Hi, just a quick one for you, would anybody be able to pass me some contact details for the Iron Butt association Ireland powers that be. I am trying to chase up some details for the Circuit of Ireland ride trying to find out if it’s still available to do as a qualifying ride and get an idea of the current requirements as the one on line is dated 2012. I have tried emailing the address given on their web site but getting no replies from anybody. Can anybody help please?
Dom

Just be patient, they will get back to you eventually.

The e mail address works, I was in contact with Chris last week.

Thanks, This could explain things a little, I have been trying to get hold of someone since 1st September, right now I can’t get anyone, even anyone from UK Iron Butt in case anyone there can help. I wanted to run with this asap while the weather is holding and the days are still long enough :)

According to the ride rules taken from their website;

No pre-registration is needed for the IBA Circuit of Ireland ride. We feel this removes the pressure to complete the ride should you become tired or otherwise feel unsafe.

I wanted to run with this asap while the weather is holding and the days are still long enough

My understanding is that you just do the ride at a time that suits you and then submit your paperwork to back up your ride afterwards. Good luck with your ride. :thumb2

Hi Aidan.
Agreed from my research on the site this is exactly what it says, but I am concerned that if it is no longer being certified or the downloaded info re the requirements for authentication on the ride have changed and the one on the web site is outdated, my fear is that I go to the expense of doing the ride, all for nothing as it may no longer count for IBA certification or I missed some requirement in a new version of the ride authentication, so it’s a big expense including ferries fuel etc etc. for nothing. Thus I wanted to chase things up before committing. I have planned to do this ride since 2011 but not got the chance due to a bike that I just couldn’t trust. That bike is now gone and I have a bike that is more than ready for the challenge, so I plan to go for it while the goings good as they say!:D

Back
Top Bottom