Fit garmin power cradle
Change tyres from E09s to TKCs
Change rear pads

Already done:

Changed gearbox oil
Changed Bevel oil
New plugs in
Air filter in

ANd everything sourced from this site (except battery, Tom Conway Durham)
And all info on how to do's etc from here too

Thanks to any and all for contributing to this (usually) amazing font of info on line
Top job :thumb2

alternator belt micheal ,if you dont change it ,it will snap in the most remote place.ha ha :thumb
and dont forget i got a spare coil stick if you want to take it with you mate.

alternator belt micheal ,if you dont change it ,it will snap in the most remote place.ha ha :thumb

Alternator belt snapped halfway between the Namibian border and Springbok on a Sunday morning, google it fark all there, rode it the 30 odd mile to Springbok to have a chance of fitting the spare in the shade... swop it out and carry the old one as a spare, it will never fail again:rolleyes:

aye! yes please ian i'll borrow that or buy that coil stick mate ive just taken the one out that i didnt replace and it looks as bad as it did last time - i'll pop down thanks very much
also yes to the belt, just looked at it and it looks fine BUT i havent changed it for 7 years so best sort it :)

oh, meant to add to list - refurb'd rear shock now fitted.

just valves and endfloat to go

five hours in...zzz

+1 !
Depending on where you are heading maybe a spare Hall sensor :nenau

well that was epic

everything done except grip puppies and throttle mate

would be fascinated to know how much that little job would have cost at a main dealer...

Still think the hardest job of the whole two days was getting the back wheel up onto the daft spigot then lining up the bolts.
Gotta love these tractors.

Still think the hardest job of the whole two days was getting the back wheel up onto the daft spigot then lining up the bolts.
Gotta love these tractors.

Unless you have a full on bike lift, don't jack the axle too high. Set the hub with a wheel bolt hole at top.
Hold the wheel with a bolt hole at top. Use a large cross head screwdriver through that bolt hole to align with the hub and them put one wheel bolt into any of the other holes.
Fit other bolts and tighten evenly.

:D

Well I got the valves right this time.
What a difference second time round!
Cant recommend doing it enough and such a simple... its like someone has replaced the engine. Seriously quiet.

And if you think your rear shock is 'old but ok' then it might be worth a few quid to get it refurbed... cant believe how bad the old one was, I got used to it i guess.

Oh and Ive just realised why I use Mitas E09s instead of TKCs. TKC's are shite. :)

Well I got the valves right this time.
What a difference second time round!
Cant recommend doing it enough and such a simple... its like someone has replaced the engine. Seriously quiet.

And if you think your rear shock is 'old but ok' then it might be worth a few quid to get it refurbed... cant believe how bad the old one was, I got used to it i guess.

Oh and Ive just realised why I use Mitas E09s instead of TKCs. TKC's are shite. :)

Can I ask where you got the rear shock done? Mine was was ok until recently but after several 2up loaded for camping trips I noticed a knock from it the other day while solo and it's definitely a bit bouncy now...oh bugger. Off for a few days with the tent tomorrow so I'll just have to slow down a bit :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom