Keis heated clothing

mpgscott

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi,

Does anyone have the heated clothing with the three stage controller and a multimetre??

If you do could you check if what happens when you choose the various level settings whether or not it simply alters the voltage being fed to the garments??

So if you switch on with a multimetre connected and select level 1 does it show like 7v, then level 2 is it 9v and then level 3 is it like 12v??

I am also wandering if its the case then if i was to get a simple heated grip controller would it then allow me to vary the power to the garments with ease of adjustment from the handle bars?? Or could you tap into the BMW heated grips to power them?? I will test the levels on the bike heated grips my only concern would be to relay control them but varying voltage would be a problem.

Cheers
Mark

Thats my last option but was thinking it would be nicer to have the controls on the bars making for easy adjustment.

What i dont know is if the Keis kit uses PWM = pulse width modulation to alter the time that the voltage is applied if it does then happy days as this is the norm for heated grips control. So if anyone can check it would be appreitated.

Ah i see i didnt spy that, yep that seems the way to go giving a remote control happy days...

Didnt realise there was a new control.

Cheers

Got the remote control unit and on inital tests it seems a cracking bit of kit, you can tuck the controller piece that plugs into the jacket away in the little pocket on the X25 jacket so keeps it all clean and tidy. The control is smart and stays active for a few seconds once pressed so saves on the battery. When you press it again it shows the current setting and its easy to see and use. So far very happy, flippen heck the jacket is hot.

Must also say what a great service from Keis customer service they could not have been better, I sent them an email about an issue with one of the connection plugs on a glove. The glove still worked but was stiff to plug in, they were straight on the phone and sorted it out quick sharp. I had also mentioned that i had an X6 body warmer, they said they would like to change this for me due to some issues they had had in the past. So they kindly took this back and allowed me to upgrade to the x25 jacket which was really decent of them, and to add to this they also gave me 40% off the controller for the inconvience so what a great service.

So will see how it goes with the jacket but first impressions are really good.:beerjug:

With the Express forecasting the coldest winter since forever, I'm keen to order.

How does the remote controller talk to the jacket - bluetooth or what?

How did you get on with the sizing of the X25 jacket?

I have the X20 Hi-Powered Bodywarmer, I intended to buy the X25 Jacket but when I tried various sizes I was told (by Infinity Motorcycles) that to be most effective the garments need to be a close fit ... all my bike jackets are size 50 so effectively a medium, in the end I bought an extra small X20 Bodywarmer :eek: S and XS jackets just didn't have the arm length needed! I contacted Keis about possibly ordering a jacket with longer arms, they were very helpful but did say that it wouldn't be possible.

How did you get on with the sizing of the X25 jacket?

Used Keiss clothing for a decade and my advice would be to buy a size which feels comfortable when worn over a T-shirt/sweat shirt. Any more layers, and you don't feel the benefit of the heating.
HTH

Not sure what technology it is i will ask and let you know.

Yes size wise its perfect, im normally XXL but i went a size down and the arm length is spot on. A good suggestion from Joe is to try it with a T-shirt thats what i did and the heat is amazing from the jacket, the collar is also heated which is nice.

Yes size wise its perfect, im normally XXL but i went a size down and the arm length is spot on
I'm nearly 5'11" with a 32" waste ... maybe that's why I struggled with the fit! The XS still has room for a t-shirt and lightweight fleece underneath, any more and I think it would be counter-productive! Agree about the collar, definitely a must-have.

Back
Top Bottom