Need to get my rear Showa re-conditioned on GSA...where?

mspenz

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
The rear unit has started to knock a bit & bottoms out now and again in places that shouldn't really bother it, also has the 'bouncy feel'!

I can't afford to upgrade to anything else and am looking to spend in the region of £160 for a refurbish if possible. I've had 'KAIS' in Manchester recommended to me and see that 'ABE' are also providing a good service.
A five day turnaround would be ideal but I'll call both in the next couple of days to see what they say. Anyone have anything good to say about either of them?

I read an older post saying that Steptoe might do this sort of work?

Mike.

Just got my original shock back from 'Firefox racing' in Keighley, Yorkshire. Can't comment on the performance compared to the old one, as it's been off the road for six months, so I've forgotten what the old one was like. They put a nice bright yellow up-graded spring on it, and it cost £180.

Going to take the old one to them next. plus my spare front shock.

Just got my original shock back from 'Firefox racing' in Keighley, Yorkshire. Can't comment on the performance compared to the old one, as it's been off the road for six months, so I've forgotten what the old one was like. They put a nice bright yellow up-graded spring on it, and it cost £180.

Going to take the old one to them next. plus my spare front shock.

Thanks, I'll give these guys a call tomorrow as well, just wish that I also had a spare to send away as I'll have to lay up the bike until I get the shock back.
Will also get the front done before next spring.

Cheers.

ABE will do the shock, regas, oil and seals and make a new rod if it's needed (these can wear and if not replaced yr new seals will leak witching a short time if not replaced) - costs for a shock service/rebuild us around £120

ABE will do the shock, regas, oil and seals and make a new rod if it's needed (these can wear and if not replaced yr new seals will leak witching a short time if not replaced) - costs for a shock service/rebuild us around £120

I've been trying to call them but no answer so far. Spoke to someone from KAIS who seemed to know what he was talking about & said that they could probably turn it around in 2 or 3 days! Between £130-£160 depending on condition.
I'll try A.B.E again first though.

I've been trying to call them but no answer so far. Spoke to someone from KAIS who seemed to know what he was talking about & said that they could probably turn it around in 2 or 3 days! Between £130-£160 depending on condition.
I'll try A.B.E again first though.

Gave up on trying to get an answer from ABE today so it's packed and being sent to KAIS tomorrow, they come highly recommended by someone in the trade so I'll give them a try.
Thanks for the suggestions.

ABE had a big fire and I don't know how long before they will be fully operational.:eek:

ABE had a big fire and I don't know how long before they will be fully operational.:eek:

sH1T, That's bad! Thanks for letting me know as it explains a lot, hope nobody was hurt and that they manage to get operational again soon :(

Back
Top Bottom