City Navigator 2915.3 and Garmin Express 3.2.19

Berin

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Went to update today and found a new City Navigator and a new version of garmin express. Garmin Express said I had six updates, including the new map, some traffic stuff, and version 2.8 of software for my Zumo 590. Foolishly, I just clicked on "install/all". 2 days later I think I have found a method which works!

1) Don't click install all! If there are other updates (device, voices etc) do these first.
2) Click install for the maps. It might just work, but it didn't for me.
3) If after downloading the maps it gets stuck and says "building" stage, do this:
eject the device from the computer, click on the device in Garmin Express drop down, click Device and then click "delete device from express"
close Garmin Express, close down the computer, physically disconnect the device from computer
restart computer, reconnect device, restart Garmin Express
Follow the instructions to add the device to Garmin Express
Install the maps

One day Garmin will produce a way of updating that doesn't involve all this faff:blast

Incidentally, if you want to install the maps on the computer too, on the map update click show details, then advanced, then you can choose to install to device or computer (but not where on the computer!) or both. If you want to move the map you can use Javawa gmtk

Back
Top Bottom