Yoko motorcycle clothing...

Spangle

Not sure if this is the correct forum for this but here goes...

For the past 4 years I've been using the above gear and damn fine gear it is too. Mine is getting somewhat tatty but unfortunately Yamaha, who were the sole supplier in the UK, have stopped doing so and nobody else has taken over.

I'm off to Amsterdam this weekend and wondered if any of our Dutch friends could point me in the direction of a Yoko dealer within 50 miles of Amsterdam.

Would be most grateful of any help. Cheers.

Yoko will ship from the factory - or did last year when I wanted to replace a damaged (from crash) jacket.

I agree, though, their gear is very well made and totally waterproof.

Spangle - Messed up, should have replied on this thread, see Savanna or Rally 2 thread above ( last comment).

Droopy Dick said:
Yoko will ship from the factory - or did last year when I wanted to replace a damaged (from crash) jacket.

I agree, though, their gear is very well made and totally waterproof.

How did you pay for it? I've tried direct and they'll only do business with an EU registered firm.

Don't quote me on this, but I seem to recall tht De Jong Alphen (my local BMW dealer) has Yoko gear. They don't have a huge selection, but you may find one or two things there. They are also competent and friendly, and keen on GSes.

Address:

De Jong Alphen bv
Zaagmolenweg 8
2401 LN Alphen aan den Rijn

Tel: 0172-492036
Fax: 0172-494142

It's about 15 mins off the A4 motorway, one of the main routes between Rotterdam / the Hague and Amsterdam.

Alternatively, you could try either Motoport or Safe, two big chains over here. Motoport Amsterdam is:

Safe Motors Amsterdam
Jarmuiden 31
1046 AC Amsterdam
Tel. 020 - 480 80 10
Fax 020 - 614 54 31

Motoport Amsterdam (aka Motoport Selling) is:
Spaklerweg 91
1099 CX AMSTERDAM
Tel 020-4656667
Fax 020-4636353

Apparently, Yoko was taken over by Scott, so that might explain why you can't find Yoko stuff anywhere.

Good luck.

Kropotkin said:
Don't quote me on this, but I seem to recall tht De Jong Alphen (my local BMW dealer) has Yoko gear. They don't have a huge selection, but you may find one or two things there. They are also competent and friendly, and keen on GSes.

Address:

De Jong Alphen bv
Zaagmolenweg 8
2401 LN Alphen aan den Rijn

Tel: 0172-492036
Fax: 0172-494142

It's about 15 mins off the A4 motorway, one of the main routes between Rotterdam / the Hague and Amsterdam.

Alternatively, you could try either Motoport or Safe, two big chains over here. Motoport Amsterdam is:

Safe Motors Amsterdam
Jarmuiden 31
1046 AC Amsterdam
Tel. 020 - 480 80 10
Fax 020 - 614 54 31

Motoport Amsterdam (aka Motoport Selling) is:
Spaklerweg 91
1099 CX AMSTERDAM
Tel 020-4656667
Fax 020-4636353

Apparently, Yoko was taken over by Scott, so that might explain why you can't find Yoko stuff anywhere.

Good luck.

Cheers mate, I went to Motorport and bought a Yoko (now Scott as you said) Optima jacket. Great selection of clothing (& bikes) there and very helpfull staff, especially Maya.

Back
Top Bottom