Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just back from riding the coast of Ireland

you're back jeremy. great report and you kepted to your planned route. you must go back as you must have speeded past other great finds. i feel also you had the better adventure being on a 650.

you were very kind about irish roads though.

after my sub adventure i parked very close to where you were i feel.

the beach still haunts me.

such an idiot and i'm not doing that again till i've done a pavey.

i envy you the sea food in ireland.... and i loved eating alone.... a bill for one and people to meet.

trust you will be doing scotland now before the season closes..... if you do let me know.

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Joyseeker
    trust you will be doing scotland now before the season closes..... if you do let me know.
    The second City career interviews are progressing but there may be time to fit in one more small trip in September. I'll submit my proposal to Kofi at the United Nations and have him speak to the missus.

The 650 was great around the tight twisty roads. I could have done with more power on the 240mile trips from Ldn->Pembroke and Ballycastle->Rosslare and keep waiting for someone to post a picture of the supposed 1200GSAdv on the site so I can justify a deposit @ Vines. The expanding BMW panniers were fine but are as soft as tissue paper.

Finbarr
    A cool report indeed - I'm looking at doing a similar trip in a few weeks - I'll pore over the maps and see if I can incorporate some of what you've done with our plans.

Many thanks for posting this - it was just what the doctor ordered!

Kind regards,
    Finbarr.

Paul Narramore
    I'm going over to Ireland on Friday 16th September, Pembroke to Rosslare. I have someone to see and stay with on the Monday so have two days to burn. Any obvious places to visit during such a short stay?

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Narramore
    I'm going over to Ireland on Friday 16th September, Pembroke to Rosslare. I have someone to see and stay with on the Monday so have two days to burn. Any obvious places to visit during such a short stay?
    the 'lobster pot' pub/resturant just outside rosslare. the wicklows. skim this for ideas.

Great write up and pics, proud to look and say 'been there, done that' with a wish to do it all again next year. Sadly the current situation around Belfast isn't too nice but lets hope things settle down again soon. I am still riding the Connor pass in my mind, and pitching my tent on Slea Head, visiting Joeys Bar and riding through Port Stewart/Rush like a NW200 wannabe.
    I can also recall passing the prison at McGilligan point and thinking about what sort of cellmates one could expect to share a room with........ no thanks !!!
    ADAM

2008 R1200GSA

I always go back for the NW200 and would imagine I'd take a few days and do the same route again. You do need to check accomodation at this time of year as I understand some of it closes for the season.

Jeremy

Very nice - Ireland will be my first tour of next year....

Wraithwrider
    A really enjoyable report and pictures Jeremy.

I was on Healy Pass and the Beara Peninsula in August (sea kayaked there from Kerry and lady picked me up) and the memories came flooding back.

Roads awful though

Peter

Quote Originally Posted by Wraithwrider
    Roads awful though

Peter

I thought that was one of the benefits? Yes there were many times, especially in Connemara, when you would be greeted by gravel on exiting a corner. Admittedly it would be scary on a rice rocket rather than the GS!

To me the road across Glenveagh National Park in Donegal was one of the greats.
    http://homepage.tinet.ie/~knp/glenveagh/

Hi Jeremy

Enjoyed reading of your travels,The Island of Ireland is beautiful and you chose the corect form of transport to see it.We toured the South in the Box( Ring of Kerry was a nightmare with Tour buses all over the place) but would like to go back on the bike for a few day's (maybe twist Alte's arm ) look forward to some more of your travel's (where next)

Regd's K

Click here to find out how to remove these ads

Quote Originally Posted by Klinger
    Hi Jeremy

look forward to some more of your travel's (where next)

Regd's K
    Having enjoyed 3-4months away from the grind, I'm close to finding my second career in the City in the next week hopefully. Think I can move up from tea boy to coffee boy!

But also trying to sell my F650 (see link)
    http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52985
    and off to see a 1150Adv tomorrow. I'd like to do one last trip before heading back to work so perhaps a tour of Scotland. Any other suggestions?

Jeremy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12