Twinmax - don't make me laugh

Gilson said:
hi Stef, how much did you pay for that? Currently at 12GBP.... I would appreciate an idea...

Got mine for £11.99 + £1 for postage, check out the sellers other auctions he/she has a few for sale

~Stef~ said:
Got mine for £11.99 + £1 for postage, check out the sellers other auctions he/she has a few for sale

Well spotted Stef, I was wondering how I was going to do the throttle body balancing without spending dosh on something fancy.

Got plenty of earplugs too!

I borrowed a new carb tune from a friend, i did nothing but struggle with it!
one of the rods seemed to stick in its guide,take it appart,clean it try again,over and over.
it does work ,but glad i didnt buy it , there seem to be too many variables,
friction between rod and bush which changes overtime due to contamination , the possible difference between the two springs.
In my humble opinion the most accurate method is a manometer,prefereably mercury to reduce the size,no variables=no calibration
:beer:

pomm001 said:
one of the rods seemed to stick in its guide,take it appart,clean it try again,over and over.
friction between rod and bush which changes overtime due to contamination , the possible difference between the two springs.
In my humble opinion the most accurate method is a manometer,prefereably mercury to reduce the size,no variables=no calibration

thats where i get the best of both worlds - my carbtune is mercury :D

pomm001 said:

Ed Zackerly. S'why i binned mine and bought a twinamx which i have been very happy with until Steptoe just informed us it was crapola! :eek :(

But in its defence, it is very easy to use and is as near as damn it. Will suit me for the times inbetween my bike visiting Steptoes when he can fine tune it with his posh mercury fingys. :D

I use a pair of DAVIDA vacuum guage, quick, easy to use and spot on. :thumb

seeing as the whole task is deemed 'balancing' then anything that doesn't compare the pressures between cylinders dynamically is prone to human error and gauge factors.

A centre zero, large scale, twin tapped gauge would be ideal. :thumb

don't know if they exist - i saw a perfect one in the dairy industry once - but it had a lever to switch inputs - so no good. ( low pressure vacuum is used to suck milk from cows )

Dwyer might do something :nenau

Back
Top Bottom