Good alternative to |Zega

Ugleebugga said:
My Civils are about 25mm narrower than System stuff... :)

I really fancied a pair of Civil's excellent panniers but decided against for the following reasons

1. not quick release and I've an awkward gate to get thru every night
2. mods needed to indicators (granted, not difficult)
3. I don't like the exhaust extension thingy - surely must affect engine running?
4. More £££s

... having said that, everyone who's got them seems to like 'em. certainly look great in black with flat lids.

I accept that the EIBC panniers are a bit wide but I won't be using them that often and I tend to avoid motorways at all costs, when not being able to filter becomes an issue. As stated, the quick release system is brill.

Don't look from the front look from the back

For everyone worried about the width of Aluminium Panniers, no matter who they are from, a lot of people make the mistake of looking at them from the back, if you look from the front, you will almost certainly notice that they are nearly always, narrower than your handlebars by a good couple of inches and in most cases only about the same width as your engine bars. So if you can get them through the gap, your boxes will follow.

Caveman

Must admit I do like the look of them but would be far happier if they where 2/3 inches lower, currently riding GS 12 and GSA 12 on its way. Not keen on the new BM kit but who knows when you see it in the flesh.

Back
Top Bottom