adjustable levers for 650GS

pontydocs

I've asked this before but got no replies so am trying again! Does anyone know of after market adjustable levers for the 650, particularly the clutch?

Its a real stretch for me and makes my hand and wrist ache especially after a lot of town driving. Having been really pleased that the lowered version enables me to get my feet on the ground its a very annoying that BMW seem to think short legs go with big hands!

Don't know of any aftermarket levers at present but I'm sure somebody (probably Touratech) will produce some soon.

In the mean time to make things a little easier you could try rotating the grips and lever housing towards you. This brings the levers upwards only by a few degrees but will make a difference. My Wife, Lisa rides the 650GS and it worked a treat.

If we hear or see of any Lever mods we'll let you know.

Cheers
Simon T:beerjug:

You won't find an after-market product that's "adjustable" as adjustable levers exist on hydraulic clutches and the F650GS using a cable mechanism.
What you can do is remove the clutch lever (or get another one) and compare its profile to other makes/bikes in a catalogue such as an M&P catalogue (where there are usually photographs) and try to find a lever that has the same attachment and shape at the cable end but has a different profile for the rest of the lever - one that bends further back towards the handlebar.
Alternatively, buy a new/used F650GS lever, gently heat it, and try to bend it to a profile that requires less stretch.
Finally, practice smooth clutchless changes. It won't help with down-shifting but saves your hands cramping up quite so much!

Have you tried S.P.C website they have span adjustable levers for Funduro's they may fit GS or could get some?PS they are from wunderlich or wudo both german companies.

Back
Top Bottom