Custom Paint jobs, Who's the best!

simon thomas

www.2ridetheworld.com
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I'm riding a 99 R1100GS and a few months back fitted a large tank from touratech. We are also about to stick a 39 litre tank onto Lisa's F650GS. Both bikes in the next 12 months will see everything from tarmac to snow to sand and everything in between.

Can anyone recommend a good spray paint shop, who can make our bikes look pretty:bounce1 but also provide a job that will last.

At present I've got a big dirty whitish lump of plastic where my shiny red tank used to be.....Help:p

Thanks in advance for any advice you can provide.

Cheers
Simon T:beerjug:

Last edited:
paint job

Hi simon
Dream machine did mine http://www.dream-machine.co.uk/
nice job no sign of rubbing where my knees go,
just a couple of stone chips on the tank because of the bigger front area of the touratech tank,
i'm going to fit a adventure bush guard to cover two deep scratches on the beak ,to much grief to get it resprayed new stickers etc.

Gauloises

I'll be at the bmf no ticket doh!! to late

Thanks for the info on Dream Machine.

What's an Adventure bush gaurd?

Have you got any piccy's of your bike, I'd like to see thier work. Having said that, I have come across them before and only heard good things, mind you they've always seemed very pricey. There is of course the argument that you get what you pay for. If you dont mind me asking (and in case of no piccy's) what kind of paint job have you had done and how much was it.

Cheers
Simon T :beerjug:

paint

Hi Simon
it's the bit on the front beak
my bikes in the show us yours (home made light Guard)

PAINT JOBS

Simon
Ring Mark Kemp at BVM and say I mentioned him to you. They have a spray shop down the road that does all their BMW spec spraying including plastics. The guy that bought my Dakar 650 from them in the red, white and blue colours had the whole bike painted BLUE??????. Meant to be a very good outfit and not too far from you.

ANDY MELTON

Don't spend to much though as clumsy petrol attendants, flies the size of cricket balls and of course, falling off, will soon have your nice shiney paint job looking like a techni-colour yawn.

Goose
www.gooseontheloose.com
:beer:

Back
Top Bottom