Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Republic of Galveston

Lafitte

Republic of Galveston

Hello,
    Another colonist here. Live on Galveston Island , Texas, ride mainly a GS1150. Have not seen GB yet , but would like to. Have seen some of Europe many years ago via Texas A&M Maritime Academy. This is an icebreaker to see if any interested Brits may harbor a desire to see Texas/ USA. Perhaps there may be a future possibility of a bike exchange .......?
    Anyway , just fishing..........
    Lafitte

p.s. A balmy, sunny 80 deg. F today.
    Last edited by Lafitte; 23-11-05 at 15:09. Reason: add

Vespaholic and Urallist Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Keep on dangling yer tackle,matey...as I`ve got no desire to visit the USA at all ....

I do,however,have a desire to welcome you aboard the mad ship UKGSer..
    Tarka

It isn't that they can't see the solution.
    It's that they can't see the problem.

Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    I thought everything was supposed to be bigger in Texas? We use fish that size for bait!!
    Steve

"It was just the beer talking, but what it said made perfect sense...."

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    I like your Simon Cowel pants

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Blog Entries
    Another fine welcome to a new guy.
    Hi Lafitte, welcome to UK gsers.
    Its a good idea , bike swapping. Im sure someone will take you up on it, once they have finished slaggin off yer fish, trousers, beard, hat,shirt, boots, sunglasses, beach, nationality and everything else they can focus in on in your photograph.
    Em ... dont mention anything about geckos.
    Dont ask who Stella is.

Den ... King of Scotland.

Strawberry fields ... forever Click here to find out how to Subscribe

Welcome

Don't look now but there's a fishy thing crawling up yer strides ! As to the bike swap, if you're serious you could look here, not used them myself but have given it some serious consideration.
    Paul

Lafitte

oblertone

Thanks, just what I was looking for. Organized tours don't quite work for me. Like to travel where , when and with my choice of companions. Traveling with strangers can be an iffy proposition. I see that this site is a challenge in itself.Oh yeah , for some of the above posters FYYFF !

Cheesy Mike
    Welcome. I have been to Galveston a couple of times - one of which was at spring break time

How did you get on in the hurricane? Did your property or garden get damaged?

Mike

I think the Hurricane got all his clothes got ruined - luckily he found somebody elses

His lawns not looking too flash either - needs some fish,blood and bone.

Still he's making a start....hes got a fish...

Lafitte

CM

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesy Mike
    Welcome. I have been to Galveston a couple of times - one of which was at spring break time

How did you get on in the hurricane? Did your property or garden get damaged?

Mike
    Thanks for asking. Hurricane Rita actually missed Galveston Island . We only received 100mph winds and rain. No damage to home. However the mandatory evacuation was another matter. It was "Charley Foxtrot" . Many hours stuck in traffic , gasoline (petrol) was not to be had , all stations sold
    out , motels had no vacancies. Evacuating several million people in the greater Houston metro area revealed the inadequacies of planning and infrastructure . Don't want to do it again.

HOGDAWG

Welcome

Hi Lafitte, and welcome to our zoo. I see you've met some of the star attractions already :alian It's not that bad really!!

Hope you enjoy the site and I'm sure you'll find a suitable 'partner' to swap with.

Where in the UK do you fancy visiting?

GS pervert Click here to find out how to Subscribe

Smile

Welcome, very interesting place you're coming!

Already waiting for some rideout reports

What's the fish btw?

Cheers, Margus

I was going to say a 'warm welcome' to you, but tbh it's feckin' freezin' here mate. Nice to have you on board.

JDH

Shedi Knight Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Welcome to the madhouse.
    weren't you in ZZ Top?

ahem.
    Og.
    King of Ireland
    appears bright from a distance / dim up close

Lafitte

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tsiklonaut
    Welcome, very interesting place you're coming!

Already waiting for some rideout reports

What's the fish btw?

Cheers, Margus
    The fish is locally called a Redfish /Red Drum. Excellent eating.

Lafitte

All

Click here to find out how to remove these ads

Quote Originally Posted by HOGDAWG
    Hi Lafitte, and welcome to our zoo. I see you've met some of the star attractions already :alian It's not that bad really!!

Hope you enjoy the site and I'm sure you'll find a suitable 'partner' to swap with.

Where in the UK do you fancy visiting?
    My Mrs. is a first generation American. Her mother was Scottish , her father Irish. I would like to see England,Ireland and Scotland. Not to be boorish , but they are all pretty close together distance wise , so might as well see the elephant , so to speak.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast