Republic of Galveston

Aurelius[i said:
More Americans claim to have German roots than any other national ancestry, according to a report just released by the US Census Bureau.

Only because the guy asking the questions didn't have and Irish accent :D

Lafitte, welcome to the nuthouse. Hope those britches are bulletproof........ :thumb

Wizard said:
Only because the guy asking the questions didn't have and Irish accent :D

Definitely lots of Irish here.
irelandflag.gif

The 2000 United State Census reports 30,528,492 persons claiming Irish ancestry, 10.8% of the total American population. This is over 7 times the population of Ireland itself, which was 4 million in the year 2003. :eek:

Lafitte said:
.. No damage to home. However the mandatory evacuation was .... "Charley Foxtrot".
Sorry if this sounds thick, but what does "Charley Foxtrot" mean then ?

Taff
King Of Wales :D

Den said:
Another fine welcome to a new guy.
Hi Lafitte, welcome to UK gsers.
Its a good idea , bike swapping. Im sure someone will take you up on it, once they have finished slaggin off yer fish, trousers, beard, hat,shirt, boots, sunglasses, beach, nationality and everything else they can focus in on in your photograph.
Em ... dont mention anything about geckos.
Dont ask who Stella is.

Den ... King of Scotland.

Oi !!!! I heard that !!!

And will you lot stop encouraging em ......the place is getting over run with these ballyhoo foreigner chappies these days. :rolleyes:

Welcome to the land of..........

Welcome to the land of speed cameras, congestion charges, 12 year old police officers, polution, expensive petrol, piss poor traffic management, too many cars, too few roads, anti bike press, anti firearms press/public, I could go on, but Mrs. FTW has gone to bed :thumb

Why would anyone want to visit this shit hole of a country is beyond me, most are trying to get into the USA!

Welcome!

Welcome to the site, hope you enjoy the banter and get what your looking for. The only way I would swap would be for a permanent deal, sorry! Until then, Tight Lines! :thumb

Radio stuff

Taff said:
Sorry if this sounds thick, but what does "Charley Foxtrot" mean then ?

Taff
King Of Wales :D

"Charley Foxtrot" = C F = cluster f**k
:nenau
40172653-L.jpg

Lafitte, just wondering why you ride with a soft cervical collar on? Nice picture by the way.

C-Collar

Cervical Spine problems , DJD,spondylosis , old MVA's . Seems to lend support to helmet on long rides , also unexpected benefits of reduced wind noise and warmth in cold weather. :teacher
41037173-M.jpg

Hi Lafitte and welcome.

If you ever get over to this side of the pond, ensure you make time to visit Ireland on a GS, especially the West coast areas like County Kerry and the Dingle peninsula, it is stunningly beautiful and has great roads for riding. If you miss the experience, you'll regret it. The pace of life in Ireland is much less hectic than the UK in general, and the people are approachable and friendly which is something sadly missing here in England.

I'd advise summer time as the colder months have masses of rain. Worth it just for "the craic", and especially the Guinness :thumb

:beer: :beer: :beer:

Attachments

• mullans slippers.jpg
    mullans slippers.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 31
Lafitte , do you know Glen Campbell, does he go fishing with you, or is he to busy fixing all the lines in the county ;)

This welcome is just from another yank noob Lafitte so take it for what it's worth. ;)
I still work down on the Redneck Riviera and used to be based out of Galveston(Hornbeck Offshore on Harbor View, Harbor Side or something Harbor anyway...). Good weather this time of year down there eh. :)
I'm too busy trying to learn stuff here so I don't post much but it's a great place for gs'rs...locals are a bit whacked but they're a fun bunch. :D

Back
Top Bottom