1200gs/1150gs bash plates in Yorkshire!

OFFROADNUT

For anyone who is interested I've found a couple of guys near Doncaster, South Yorkshire who are producing R1200GS bash plates @ £50, R1150GS bash plates @ £25 and bar end mirrors (to cut out those blind spots) at £14.00. They are all in stainless steel! Postage costs you'll need to ring em for a price if you're interested.

Ask for Martin or Chris Tel: 01427 752925 :clap :clap

Hi, sorry if I sounded a bit of an advert for these guys!! I got my bar end mirrors off 'em and they showed me round their workshop and what they were doin and was dead impressed.

I know people I've spoke to don't know where to get there 1200gs bash plates from - in fact I didn't know you could get them - but I am new to this gser game and am still like a kiddie in a sweet shop!!

:bounce1 :bounce1

If you go off road, will the bar end mirrors break when you go over ??

Steptoe said:
If you go off road, will the bar end mirrors break when you go over ??

They'll probably bend, but they are supposed to be impact resistant mirrors, I'll let you know when I've done it! :D

OFFROADNUT said:
For anyone who is interested I've found a couple of guys near Doncaster, South Yorkshire who are producing R1200GS bash plates @ £50, R1150GS bash plates @ £25 and bar end mirrors (to cut out those blind spots) at £14.00. They are all in stainless steel! Postage costs you'll need to ring em for a price if you're interested.

Ask for Martin or Chris Tel: 01427 752925 :clap :clap
pleading ignorance: what's a bash plate and what's a bar end mirror ?

verstichel said:
pleading ignorance: what's a bash plate and what's a bar end mirror ?

A bash plate fits underneath the bike to protect the engine casing etc from damage caused by 'grounding' the bike when off road etc.

Bar end mirrors fit into the end of the handle bars instead of the conventional 'long arm' type mirrors.

MIKE R said:
Why Vern?

:nenau :nenau :nenau :nenau :nenau :nenau :nenau :nenau

Mike R

I would think it's not a good idea to have a bash plate stronger than the supports it mounts to ?.

i.e. you want the bash plate to absorb the impact - not transfer it to the softer alloy engine case it's mounted to .

Good point. Hadn't thought of that!

Cheers

Mike R

Back
Top Bottom