Where Do You Hang Yours? - (Tax Disc That Is!)

Dan Glibitz

Well my new steed is all but ready for the great outdoors, so I went to fix my shiny new tax disc & holder to it but hell, where is there to fix to?

On my 1150, it went on the front mudguard fixing screw or the exhaust mount point (Which vibe'd off) but I'm stumped to find somewhere.

Any suggestions as to where to fit the Tax disc holder on a 1200GS then? :nenau

ps Sorry for the lame question :homer

Dan Glibitz said:
Well my new steed is all but ready for the great outdoors, so I went to fix my shiny new tax disc & holder to it but hell, where is there to fix to?

On my 1150, it went on the front mudguard fixing screw or the exhaust mount point (Which vibe'd off) but I'm stumped to find somewhere.

Any suggestions as to where to fit the Tax disc holder on a 1200GS then? :nenau

ps Sorry for the lame question :homer

Here of course!?!

Attachments

• taxD.JPG
    taxD.JPG
    104.4 KB · Views: 561
Dan Glibitz said:
Good Idea but I thought they had to be on the nearside, your honour?

That may be true my friend... but i've yet to hear of a case!..

The only time IMO that you have may probs.. is if the Law is "doing u" for other stuff.. and add that to the list.. else.. they tend not to bother as long as its displayed...

Unless .. of course there's any "Boys in Blue".. on ere.. that know any different!!

Mounting it between the exhaust and the exhaust hanger works :thumb

Tom

Dan Glibitz said:
Good Idea but I thought they had to be on the nearside, your honour?

Spooky, I was reading some regs lately (for something else!) and came across the nearside ruling, makes sense, but it also states that the tax disc must be located on the bike forward of the riders legs also ... so all those convenient mount points for tax disc holders on subframes, etc are out of bounds officially!!

You could always take Alec's neat approach ... http://www.crypticide.com/dropsafe/articles/bikes/post20050907002455.html

SilverMog

Tax Holder

Got mine bolted to the head stock. If I put the steering lock on it can still be seen but very hard to nick ;)

Attachments

• tax disc position.JPG
    tax disc position.JPG
    38.9 KB · Views: 493
It's all Bo££ocks any way

Plod pulls you, first thing his mate is doing (they always come in pairs) is checking via DVLA for owner details tax & insurance, so why the feck worry about where you hang it :D

Mine's in mi tank bag, bin there years... no probs.

Ah.. "bin there years" :eek: Not the same one of course... honest!

:beerjug:

I was stopped in the Dales about 3 years ago by the police/DVLA for a random road tax check. The copper who spoke to me advised me to keep it safe in my wallet so it wouldn't get nicked!

Mike R

VEL

Mine was positioned in front of the nearside cylinder by the dealership..... got covered in crud VERY quickly...
So I purchased a decent holder (from Oberon engineering...best tax disk holders Ive seen).....and used a cycle light holder with some rubber underneath to mount it to the frame....above the Nearside footrest, so the holder sits parallel to the battery box... tucked out of the way, in correct legal position...
Sorry, no photo, but will take one if anyone asks..

To my surprise, "It never happens to me", when I went to replace my tax disc last year, I discovered that someone had already wrenched off the allen key type holder. So I now carry mine hidden in the bike and have a colour print taped to the left hand-guard.

tax.jpg

Back
Top Bottom