Battlewing for GS1200

ampthill

Reaction score
Any one got these tyres on their GS1200?

Bridgestone BW501 (front) BW502 (rear) Battle Wing.

They claim claim extra wet grip and better stability for big trailies, inc. GS1200, and the tyres are a replacement for the Trailwings. Apparently based on the 020 carcass. Thinking of having these fitted this/next week, but would be interested in any experience you may have had.

Peter

New tires for on-off dual purpose use.
New compound and tread pattern provived
long life and high speed stability.

More road than off

Attachments

• bw201.jpg
    bw201.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 327
  • bw202.jpg
    bw202.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 286
Smart! I need some of those :D Far better looking than my current tyres :D

It is a selling point you know!

Equally, will watch with interested.

No big complaints about Tourances, but would be interested to know if anything offers better grip on wet / greasy tarmac.

Opposite lock out of a corner is fun, but there's a time and a place (not wandsworth in rush hour!)

ampthill said:
Any one got these tyres on their GS1200?

Bridgestone BW501 (front) BW502 (rear) Battle Wing.

They claim claim extra wet grip and better stability for big trailies, inc. GS1200, and the tyres are a replacement for the Trailwings. Apparently based on the 020 carcass. Thinking of having these fitted this/next week, but would be interested in any experience you may have had.

Peter
I have used 4 sets of tyres of the last year, 2 different tyres,one being the standard "Tourances" and the other being"Trailwings".These "BattleWings" give me a lot more feed back and control over the Tourances, a shed load more mileage as well to boot.Was lucky to get 5-6k out of the "Tourances" but getting over 8-9k on the Bridgestones. To me, they feel a hell of a lot better in the rain/wet conditions, I WONT be running anything else on this bike,so i have another 4sets to go this year hopefully:) Thats all year round riding(30,000miles per year)

"BattleWings''

I may also be interested in these but can't find them on the Bridgstone web site, are they available in the UK. Iam quite happy with my "Tourances" but always open to something better!!

ShaunT279 said:
New tires for on-off dual purpose use.
New compound and tread pattern provived
long life and high speed stability.

More road than off

That looks one scarey tyre - can you imagine the squirm you may get when pushing a GS hard at the transition point between the central and outside tread blocks :eek:

Andres

Attachments

• bw202.jpg
    bw202.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 317
Outtomunch said:
That looks one scarey tyre - can you imagine the squirm you may get when pushing a GS hard at the transition point between the central and outside tread blocks :eek:

Andres

Think you'd have a problem fitting that on a GS... It's a BW201 and is not made in GS sizes ;)

The tyre you may, or may not, want is the BW501/502.

Peter

Back
Top Bottom