Nope don't miss her at all!

nedflanders

Reaction score
Well any doubts I had about selling the ZX10r for the GS have been firmly dispelled :) , I've done more miles in the last 2 weeks in almost every type of weather condition I can think of than I ever did on the 10r, last weekend was a trip to the Nurburgring in a downpore, it stayed dry for a lap of the 'ring though and we even managed to overtake an Alfa race car (well I had to run the thing in ;) ) today I took a trip to the Hartz mountains, again rained most of the way there, 2 foot of snow in places, and hail stones on the way home, but did see the sun as well for half an hour :cool: which was a bonus, all this 2 up. Plus commuting in temperatures at -2 some mornings, so all in all the bikes been a joy, only problem was a brake caliper bolt coming loose at the 'ring (that was fun trying to find a torx key on a sunday in Germany). Hopefully taking it off road soon now the first service is done and the engine bars are fitted, mind you I'll be in Baghdad in 2 weeks so maybe not that soon. Anyone know of any problems with removing the battery for awhile and what else needs to be done to put it into storage, opinions on full or empty fuel tank as well please.

I'm pretty sure that the manual has the laying up procedure in it. FWIW, I'd certainly empty the tank for a 2 month lay off. The fuel will go 'off'.

Keep your head down in Baghdad!

Kai

Baghdad will be cool, think the Yanks are facing outwards so should be safe ;) , as for fuel, wierd one, I've had a bike which wouldn't start after 6 months cos of the fuel turning waxy, then my mother in laws scooter sat there for 4 years and started no problems, wierd :nenau

scottykm said:
:thumb You could always lend it to a poor gs less squaddie!!! :clap
Now theres a thought! If you still haven't got one yet the dealer in Paderborn is pretty good, and he could well have a Black one spare in a couple of weeks ;)

nah, i am on cse in bordon, or bordom not sure which.
am getting one through park lane , when i can get off the fence

Good luck to you

You can be sure that our very best wishes will accompany you to Iraq. As somebody said, there is a 'laying up' procedure in the handbook.
In my day it was......'if it moves-salute it, if it doesn't-paint it' but that was in more peaceful times.

scottykm said:
nah, i am on cse in bordon, or bordom not sure which.
am getting one through park lane , when i can get off the fence
Sunny Borden, know it well :( , anyway Park Lane wanted to charge me roughly £1000 (get a price off them for a fully loaded GS with luggage, bet it's alot more than £8050!) more than the german dealer, and for clocks in K's I can live with that, plus Park Lane came across as arrogant tw*ts as well, as if they were doing me a favour selling me a bike, so Park Lane :dabone

Brian cheers for the good wishes, 7 months is gonna drag out there but it'll be spent planning the ride to Spain when I get back :)

Back
Top Bottom