LOAN BIKES

david

Reaction score
I have also posted this question in dealers aswell, hoping to get as much feedback as posssible.....

Hello all , naming no names or dealers am i being unreasonable in requesting a loan bike when my bike is being serviced on a saturday, i was told that they are now SERVICING AND CLEANING the loan bikes on a saturday ,so one might not be available for me ,please bear in mind i have spent over 11k on a new 1200adv..many thanks...

If you are having your service from the same dealer you bought from, then I would bl--dy insist on it. I presume you gave them reasonable notice for the service? If so, insist on it and if they don`t bend over backwards to give you a loan bike, then tell them (after you have had the service) that you will be taking your custom else where in the future and let us all know who they are. :spitfire

Hope you get it sorted.

I'd normally expect a loan bike but I wouldn't necessarily expect my own dealer to be able to arrange a service at the weekend, convenient though that might be.

My view is that if buying a top-end marque motorcycle, then you are entitled to a high level of service, and that should mean the bike is properly and carefully serviced, washed and a loan bike provided.

I think that, along with all things these days, their attitude counts for more than anything. If they were genuinely apologetic and offered you lifts to/from wherever you had to be, then I'd let it go. If they didn't try and sort out a suitable compromise, then I'd be more assertive.

J

Normally you have to book your service around loan bike availability. Saturday services are rare, if available at all. I think your dealer is being reasonable. If you're not happy, take your business elsewhere.

If the dealer is offering services on a Saturday, then they should also be able to supply a loan bike. Any dealer worth their salt should do this. The one thing I have found with loan bikes is the need to book the service and loan bike in good time to ensure you get one.

Having sat and read my first response to your question, I realise it may have been a little harsh. :eek: But having spent £11,000 on a new bike from a premium brand, you should expect premium service. If this dealer is accepting servicing on a Saturday and you gave them reasonable notice, then I think its only fair that they provide a loan bike or even a demo bike.

My local dealer will even collect my bike, having given enough notice FOC. :thumb I would ask if you could have a demo on one of the new bikes, while your waiting for your bike.

shedracer said:
I would ask if you could have a demo on one of the new bikes, while your waiting for your bike.

That's what I did at Jefferies......nothing is too much trouble with those boys.........I know nothing is free, everything is costed in, but a rattle around the Yorkshire dales on a new 1200 was just great. They also did the service on my 'bike at my convenience............top outfit.

Dealers............choose wisely...........

Back
Top Bottom