REMUS ON A 650?

ANDY E

Does anyone have experience of running an F650 with a Remus exhaust fitted?

If so do they sound ok & what effect (if any) do they have on performance?

:nenau

Just sold my 650 dakar which had Remus exhausts fitted when i bought it, so cannot say if there's an improvement in performance but I suspect there is.
I also used a K&N air filter

Sound was good and not intrusive if you like that sort of thing ;)

Attachments

• remus.JPG
    remus.JPG
    93.2 KB · Views: 918
Had them on my F650 and they were a good improvement over the standard. Noise was no worse and the bike felt smoother. My only issue was the tight fitment with the OEM panniers. If I bgt another F650 I would add the Remus again.
675.jpg

Hi Andy

Fit'n forget. Save weight, looks much better, sounds great, but not noisy.

My 'bike a 2004 with the larger header pipe, but aquired an earlier Remus so had to cut it to a 'but fit' sleeve with some exhaust pipe from a car (2" either side) and then clamp over the top of the but joint... works a treat, looks no difference, and survived a 19,300 mile journey through Russia, Siberia, Mongolia, Gobi Desert etc. No probs :thumb

www.adventure.gs

Attachments

• Dakar-6.jpg
    Dakar-6.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 881
THANKS

Thanks for the info guys all I need to do now is find someone selling a couple of F650 exhausts - one for the missus too!! :beer:

ANDY E said:
Thanks for the info guys all I need to do now is find someone selling a couple of F650 exhausts - one for the missus too!! :beer:

£376 delivered from Motorworks brand new aint bad!

CLARKS BMW in Rednal near Birmingham sold me a Stainless LASER Duo-Tech complete for £150. Sounds great with road legal baffle and includes a CAT. Easy fitment. Not sure how many they have left, the box had been opened but not fitted.
Single sided and no room for panniers but hey only 150 notes :clap

Fitted the Remus on my wife's 650 (well a mate did it for me actually) yesterday.

Image-176F27CE23BC11DB.jpg

Image-176F482623BC11DB.jpg

Well chuffed to say the least. It looks great and sounds fantastic. I have also fiited a K&N air filter and done the snorkel modification. To be honest I can't spot any performance increase at all but it does sound much better and its still al road legal.

I have just fitted the Arrow Titanium Off Road can to my 02 Dakar, look's trick, super light, really noisy and loads of backfiring on the Over run. :D

Attachments

• 02 Dakar.jpg
    02 Dakar.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 683
Wonderboy said:
I have just fitted the Arrow Titanium Off Road can to my 02 Dakar, look's trick, super light, really noisy and loads of backfiring on the Over run. :D

Does look very nice - thats a pukka supermoto you got there.

Lets see the other side now ;)

Just look how wonderfully blue that header pipe is :clap

if you dont mind me asking wonderboy, what wheels / size are they.
they look realy sexy :thumb

Thanks guys, dont have the bike at work today so i will check when i get home and let you know the size of the wheels tomorrow, i think the may both be 17". As regards to the make they are excel rims and use the standard OE hubs re-laced with stainless spokes.

Just had a hunt through the wunderlich catalogue there which was a bad and costly idea, front and rear braking wave discs with sintered pads next on the agenda. :clap

Ok, checked the wheel size, as i suspected both are 17's, tyre sizes are as follows-: rear 160/60/zr17, front-: 120/70/zr17.

It needs a new set of tyre's very soon, anyone got any suggestions on what to replace them with, running pirelli diablo Strada's at the moment which i'm not overly impressed with.

any one with a funduro and a remus can check the mounting bracket on the front of the silencer as mine has sheared off with fatiuge :rob

Micky said:
Hi Andy

Fit'n forget. Save weight, looks much better, sounds great, but not noisy.

My 'bike a 2004 with the larger header pipe, but aquired an earlier Remus so had to cut it to a 'but fit' sleeve with some exhaust pipe from a car (2" either side) and then clamp over the top of the but joint... works a treat, looks no difference, and survived a 19,300 mile journey through Russia, Siberia, Mongolia, Gobi Desert etc. No probs :thumb

www.adventure.gs

Micky, what protection bars is that on your 650?

Wonderboy said:

VERY sexy :thumb

Garfieldus said:
Micky, what protection bars is that on your 650?

Hi Garfieldus

The lower bars are the BMW 'fire grate' thingies. Heavy and need to be removed to take off the alloy sump guard shield to drain the oil! Modified mine though because with the Wunderlich extended sumpguard I shortened the original BMW fitting so now only need to remove the extended sump guard to get to the drain bolt.

Now replaced the BMW engine guard with the Wunderlich one. The upper bars, protect the fairing and radiator... they're Wunderlich too.

Hope this helps :beerjug:

Micky

Attachments

• Dakar.jpg
    Dakar.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 365
Hello,

What is the 'Snorkel' modification? Is it worth buying a K&N filter for a 15,000 mile trip, or would the standard filter be sufficient?
Thanks,

Charlie

Fitted the Remus on my wife's 650 (well a mate did it for me actually) yesterday.

Image-176F27CE23BC11DB.jpg

Image-176F482623BC11DB.jpg

Well chuffed to say the least. It looks great and sounds fantastic. I have also fiited a K&N air filter and done the snorkel modification. To be honest I can't spot any performance increase at all but it does sound much better and its still al road legal.

I'd always fit a K&N filter, not for any extra performance but for long term longevity and savings. 42,000 miles now on my Dakar, so the K&N has paid for itself. I don't think that any mods to the snorkel intake would make that much difference... the engine can pull in all the air that it needs anyway methinks.

Garfieldus... a photo of my bike with the Wunderlich lower bars fitted.

Wonderboy... howd'ya go round corners with that Wunderlich centre stand on... had to take mine off because it was grounding out in the twisties :eek:

Now fitted a Touratech centre stand and now no sparks... no probs!

Not with the TKC's on though :eek: Keep the 21" front rim and standard rear wheel with the TKC's for off roading. Have a 19" front wheel and spare rear wheel with Tourances fitted for 'normal' road use :D

:beerjug:
www.adventure.gs

Attachments

• I'm waiting....jpg
    I'm waiting....jpg
    103 KB · Views: 301

Back
Top Bottom