Off roading in Beeston Pit

(RIP) Boxertools

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I have posted on another forum (that when I mentioned it last time, I got told off) about the fact that I can get access to Beeston Pit.
The pit is used by 4x4 clubs and is available to certain GS clubs on Aug 12/13 19/20 and the 26th.
The cost is £100 to be shared by those using, and it will be all round to mine
after for grub and drinks.
So as not to get confused, I wonder if any interested parties could reply elsewhere.
Dont want to tread on any toes, upset anyone, cause any waves............................................ and so on.
Mike.

Boxertools said:
So as not to get confused, I wonder if any interested parties could reply elsewhere.
Unless they are members I don't think they'll be able to :nenau

Clive said:
Unless they are members I don't think they'll be able to :nenau

Ah Clive, I wondered who would work that out. Well done, you have passed the test.
So, sod it, just post here, unless I am creating waves, then it will be brought to my attention and we will have to go elsewhere.
M :hide

Mike.....who 'told you off' about it?? :nenau

Unless it contained the words 'only available to club members because of H&S assessments', I can't see why ...I'm sure a lot of people would like to go ;)

Post away matey :thumb

Fanum said:
Mike.....who 'told you off' about it?? :nenau

Unless it contained the words 'only available to club members because of H&S assessments', I can't see why ...I'm sure a lot of people would like to go ;)

Post away matey :thumb

Thank you Fanum.
I'm not sure how we stand with H&S, but as far as I am concerned, at the moment I think it should be very open and spontaneous.
Anyone welcome, any standard, any bike (or maybe 4x4).
I will chose the date that suits the locals firstly.
The pit is a large gravel pit.
Not sure on the size, but I am sure LLama or Treeman may have an opinion, having 4x4rd there in the past.
As I said before, the cost will be £100 for the day.
I'm not sure how and if talking about money affects any potential liability, but I am sure that we can get 10 local GSers @£10 each.

Any interested parties, "post away" :thumb
Mike.

week end 19th/20th for me please, will come on GSA but will have unimog on site to help out the 4x4s if it gos that way,

Tree man said:
week end 19th/20th for me please, will come on GSA but will have unimog on site to help out the 4x4s if it gos that way,

PIcture of said Unimog.

Attachments

• pit.jpg
    pit.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 1,228
Ralph, Thanks for the pictures.
Saturday 19th Of August it is then.
So far.
Me
Treeman (Chalky)
Polar Bear
Noddy
Ralph

As I said, all welcome for the day, and the evening at mine, with the option to stay over to sober up.

We just have to pay the land owner £100 between us.
Any more takers?

Mike.

looks good.

Would it be ok to bring my yamaha wr250f and leave the GS at home. Where in norfolk is the pit ? Can't find it on my map yet :nenau .

Cheers :beerjug:

OK, change of plan.
Sorry, but the date has been changed to Sunday 20th August.

I have confirmed the booking with the land owner and we can go there the evening before to set out a course of some kind and to cordon off any areas that we think shouldn't be used.
Chalky has some stakes and tape.
The offer still stands for a social on the Saturday evening, with a camp over if required.

Sniper, you can bring any bike you like.
The pit is in Beeston, 2 miles north of the A47 between Swaffham and East Dereham.
If I knew how, I would post a gps way point. Maybe Llama can do it.
I will try to work out how to do it. Don't hold your breath.

Numbers please.
Mike.

Put me down for one,it's about time the HP2 was given a bit more death now that I'm recoverd from the last time :beerjug:

I would like to have a go!

Post more info when you can, can help set out sunday if needed as im 5 mins away, but unfortunately away the day before

nick

Vern, Walti & Mysticwind, you would all be welcome.

So far then.

Me
Polar bear (KTM)
Treeman (1150 ADV and UNIMOG)
John Smith ( Green ex army jobby)
Noddy (New Pogo)
Ralph (GS?)
Vern (HP2)
Walti
Mysticwind
Sniper (Yamaha WR250f)

I will now try to include a garmin waypoint.
If that fails, the pit is on the left side of Mileham Road Beeston.
N52 42 813 EO 49 274

Boxertools said:
I have confirmed the booking with the land owner and we can go there the evening before to set out a course of some kind and to cordon off any areas that we think shouldn't be used.
Chalky has some stakes and tape.

If I knew how, I would post a gps way point. Maybe Llama can do it.
I will try to work out how to do it. Don't hold your breath.

Numbers please.
Mike.

Mike

With so few of us I would suggest there is no need to mark out a course. we can just make it up as we go along on the Sunday.

The grid ref is: TF 90336 16590 marked as a sand and gravel pit.

Entry point is : TF 90711 16635

I hope this helps.

Ralph

Attachments

• beeston.jpg
    beeston.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 1,123
Iv'e just been down to the pit, which is of course very dry at the moment.
It is about 10\15 acres of disused gravel pit.
It is now used for dumping of builders waste, which is all kept to one side.
There are some flat areas and some dips and slopes. There are also some man made ramps and small tables.

All in all, I think we should have a great time.

I will be asking all attending to sign a disclaimer.

So far, we have 5 staying overnight.

Mike.

Vern said:
Put me down for staying overnight,what is the local hospital called :rolleyes:

Vern, was that hospital or hostal :D
The hostal is my house, will pm details to all attending.
The hospital is the Queen Liz in Kings Lynn, although I prefer the Norfolk & Norwich..........but beggers cant be choosers. :eek:

I have some plasters and I find that a bit of spit always works wonders
Mike.

Back
Top Bottom