Heih Gericke Gore-Tex MASTERS Range???

Mike Murphy

Reaction score
I need to replace my aging bike gear and I am looking for a GORE-TEX Jacket and Jeans combination. Hein Gericke “MASTER III” looks to be the best value. Has anyone out there have any experience of it, or any other Gericke product.

REGARDS
Mike
:confused:

Not used the Gore-Tex Masters range, but have bought a fair bit of clothing from Hein Gericke.

Always found clothing to be excellent value for money. My leather trousers are 4 years old and good as new. Recently bought cordura lightweight trousers, fully armoured and comfy enough to wear all day on or off the bike.

I also subscribe to RiDE magazine. Whenever they do group tests, Hein Gericke clothing is always seems to be one of the best tested (even against much more expensive kit).

No got the goretex but do have the Cordora jeans with Sheltex. Nice and comfortable and keep you reasonably dry although long term exposure of accumulated water round the nadgers does produce and interesting evaporation cooling factor....

The Goretex are a bit pricey at £230 though...

Its now master 4 so if you can get a 3 then it would be a good price, My Sons 3 was exchanged because of faulty workmanship and my pants let in the rain! they have had them 3 weeks and dont know what to do as they cant sourse a replasement pair, plus they were going to send them to Gortex as they said it was not there responsability!! mind you this is the Leeds store and the managers a strange one! so I cant give a good report I,m afraid.

Have had a set of Master 3 for 3 years now. Toasty in the winter and waterproof in some torrential downpours. Starting to look a little tired but still going strong. I have not tried them in a major spill so cannot comment on their ability to withstand skiffling down the road, they did survive an unscheduled doughnut following a U turn! (don't ask, it's too embarassing).:eek:

Master IV

Got a full set of this kit a few months ago and very impressed.

Has all the features you need and a few more, comfy and well made too.

Had a week in France in mostly heavy rain and no leaks. Very warm, but enough vents and removable liner for summer. Pants will fit over MX boots which is a must for me.

Only critisism is that it is a bit heavy, but you don't notice whilst wearing.

Certainly would reccomend.

ps. also got the gloves - excellent! The only gloves I have ever had that kept the rain out over a full weeks wet riding. Downside is the 'double cuff' arrangement is a bit fiddly.

Cheers, Rick.

Recently bought the sheltex Maxwell kit...very comfortable, and weatherproof.
Have also had HG gloves for years, which are equally well made. All in all, I'd recommend them.

Mike , it doesn't say what part of the world you're in but.
Hein Gericke are at Kelso next week and they have major bargains.
At BMF Peterborough i got a gore tex tuareg jacket, retails at £250, for £70. Reason, mis-stitched pocket!!
Worn through several downpours in england wales and scotland over the past weekend and bone dry.
Must be worth a trip?
Alternatively give us your mobile no and those of us there on saturday am will have a butchers and ring you with our finds??

If the Masters are the Goretex and leather pants, I've got a pair and the seams are coming undone.

This is the second pair in the last Few months with this problem so I'm a bit concerned.

The shop in Harrow is staffed by lovely guys and they've said they'll swap the trousers over but I'm undecided whether to call it a day and revert to leather trousers with nylon overtrousers.

If the seams part during 6 weeks of normal riding, what will they do in a spill?

Consider Alpinestar Bat leather trousers £170 + £30 for nylon overtrousers.

Got the Master Jacket and lurve it. Best jacket I've ever had. Bone dry in a monsoon and warm as toast in the winter. Comfortable fit and it came out tops in Ride magazines test.

I use the Voyager trousers which have natty zip on salopets so it comes with a nice kidney warmer (which is usefull on the GS cos of the funny air blast round ya middle) and cos they are salopets they have their own built in braces. The jacket and trousers zip together which really keeps the draft out.

Also bought some Gericke leather jeans for the summer and hey hey, they zip together as well. Mucho comfy and the jeans were less than £100. Well OK, only a £1 less but all good stuff and here in Newcastle if you have any problems the staff will change them for you. Really good bunch of people.

Back
Top Bottom