Bike Covers

jenks

Can anyone reccomend me a water proof rain cover? What I want is something resonably light weight but water proof for all those touring trip planned for this year??

Thanks AJ

I had an Oxford cover, breathable and light, a good cover if a bit less than robust, eventually tore when it froze to the bike. I replaced that with the BMW cover:eek:
As a security cover its OK but because it dosn't breathe, the bike is always a bit damp when uncovered, so i tend to leave it uncovered nowadays:nenau

Shep

Jenks

I'd suggest the only decent covers are those that need two panniers to store them in -so taking a cover while you're touring . . . . where the heck will you put it? And roll it up when it's wet?

I'm thinking you're after one of these for overnight 'camouflage', but in my experience you can normally get good secure parking at your accomodation.

If it's for rain proofing, when you wake up and it's raining - the bike's gonna get wet anyway riding down the road. If it rained overnight but is a dry morning - enjoy it!

The bike wouldn't care if it rained every day, because it's a WMB.

Or have I missed your point?

Cheers,

Neil.

Jenks

I'd suggest the only decent covers are those that need two panniers to store them in -so taking a cover while you're touring . . . . where the heck will you put it? And roll it up when it's wet?

I'm thinking you're after one of these for overnight 'camouflage', but in my experience you can normally get good secure parking at your accomodation.

If it's for rain proofing, when you wake up and it's raining - the bike's gonna get wet anyway riding down the road. If it rained overnight but is a dry morning - enjoy it!

The bike wouldn't care if it rained every day, because it's a WMB.

Or have I missed your point?

Cheers,

Neil.

By a mile Neil....... although you have a valid point on the bike getting wet, but it's more security than weather. I find that out of sight is out of mind from light fingured pikys. My last trip to France we parked in the town square which had a security man on duty all night, everyone elses bike had there tyres let down, except mine because it had a cheap halfrauds full rain cover. That has now died and I want a replacement. Rolled up it strapes perfectly on one of the panniers, the other side has our rain siuts on...easy

AJ

Try a TYVEK TopCover. I have had one since 1999 and its still OK... just keep it off a hot exhaust:augie

Available at all sorts of outlets, including this one here.

Weight is 5-600 grams. 100% waterproof and breathable.
Made from polyethelene... like the stuff they make security envelopes from.

John

Back
Top Bottom