Goretex Socks. Where, oh where??

Warthog

Reaction score
Reliving bike trips whilst sat at my desk....
Well,

I have broken in my Alpinestar Tech 3s (knee high, armoured slippers), I have given them a coat of leather wax, and I have moved my gear shift so that I can once more enjoy the thrill of 2nd, 3rd and 4th etc!!

Of course, I have also experienced rain and that brought me back to something I had forgotten since buying goretex this and that: wet feet.

So can anyone recommend a brand and or supplier of such goretex socks?

I have looked online adn there are plenty of sites. But I am interested in the quality products that have impressed you lot!

What Cookie said.

Superb quality, totally waterproof (wade through rivers if you want), breathable, last well (used regularly for several years.)

Top kit :thumb2

Waterproofing my feet, I...

I've used three types:
Porelle Drys socks
Military Bootliner
Military Sealskins socks

Now the porelle Drys were excellent. Though only short in length
The Bootliner weren't when used alone.
The Sealskins are very good. Up to knee length.
So if there is a lot of water about, I tent to use the Bootliner with either of the other socks, and the results are good.

I bought the Sealskins for £8 from a Military Surplus Store in Litherland, Liverpool.
Porelle Drys are available in Millets etc, for about £20.
The Bootliners can be purchased from the likes of Anchor Supplies or other leading Military Surplus dealers, anything from £5 to £30.

Timpo.

Has to be Seal skins for me too. Comfy and dry- job done. (and as they come in black can be worn with anything)

boot liners

Warthog!

What shoe size are you?

I have a pair of the gore-tex military boot liners you can have if they will fit, don't need them anymore.

Stu

Me got seals and army ones. army ones far better for boot liners.

Well,

I have broken in my Alpinestar Tech 3s (knee high, armoured slippers), I have given them a coat of leather wax, and I have moved my gear shift so that I can once more enjoy the thrill of 2nd, 3rd and 4th etc!!

Hi Warthog, I have just started breaking in a pair of the same boots. Very stiff to start with, how long did it take before you could move your foot up and down from the ankle rather than having to move your whole leg to change gear and brake? I am definitely getting the hang of mine after a week or so but they are a bit like ski boots to start of with!

That's a size 10. 9 in some cases, but 11 is nromally too big. Call me size 9.678 for the sake of arguement.

Hey no problems mate, just sat hear gathering dust as don't use them anymore. Good luck in your quest.

Stu

Hi Warthog, I have just started breaking in a pair of the same boots. Very stiff to start with, how long did it take before you could move your foot up and down from the ankle rather than having to move your whole leg to change gear and brake? I am definitely getting the hang of mine after a week or so but they are a bit like ski boots to start of with!

TBH, it was not that long. The first ride was a pain as the gear lever was still adjusted for thinner boots. Sorted that easily enough. So for changing up its not a problem, but still essentially stamping on the change to go down a gear. As for walking, its still a bit heel toe, with little flexion in between.

Back
Top Bottom