Help with Zumo 550 please

mandoonsouf

Reaction score
I've only had it a couple of weeks. Now the transfer of files from laptop (with MapSource) is no longer working :thedummy A dialog box appears with a FIND DEVICE button. It says it cannot find the device.:(
I have had it working before. The only difference is the new laptop BUT it has the same version of XP I had before. I don't understand.:confused:
Any ideas?

I reckon you have to connect the device to the laptop for it to be recognised.:augie :hide

Pat

Try a different USB port. Only one of my 3 actually recognises the Zumo. Fuck knows why...

Did you install Mapsource on the new laptop before connecting your Quest?

Last edited:
It doesn't look good

Just come of the phone after talking to Garmin (very helpful - no, really). Theay have asked me to try and connect to another pc - is my new one unable to communicate with the Zumo?!?

May have to send it back - :thedummy :spitfire :mad:

To reset user data - power off, put finger on screen and power on, take YES option to question.

I’ve had this problem a couple of times, for me it’s always been issues with the USB drivers.

Try this:
Plug the GPS in to the PC, make sure the GPS is on.

Go to: Control Panel / System / Hardware / Device Manager / and check if the USB drivers are still installed properly for the device, anything not set up properly is easy to see, and there is an option on the devises listed to find / re install drivers, which is the fix!

Give it a try, this fix has always worked for me. I don’t know why the USB drivers drop out from time to time, and some times I even forget the fix like in a hotel in the Pyrenees last June :eek:

Good luck!

It was all my fault

I think - who mapped a network drive at work to F!! :blast

You have Mapsource installed at work :eek:

I’m impressed :thumb

You have Mapsource installed at work :eek:

I’m impressed :thumb

Hence the embarrassment - I work in an IT department :eek: Mind you I have a manager who doesn't exactly have his finger on the pulse:) Got me a nice 'top of the range' all singing all dancing laptop for a project that then fell thru' - result!

Back
Top Bottom