Ultimate Ear

jenks

I am using the custom ear plugs, but have now desided to go for ones with micrphone installed, are they any good?? any problems? how reliable are they?

I find that the quality for the speakers with my INERIDE EVO not very good especially for music, are these any better.

Thanks in advance

AJ

Been using Ultimate Ear monitors for over 2 years....can't rate them highly enough.
Expensive to set up, but well worth it. Sound quality is brilliant...music can be heard at all speeds even if set to lowest volume...

buy some, you won't regret it !

Dave H

Good while they lasted, however the wire pulled out/ detached from one after about a year, this is their weak point, I think lots of people have suffered this problem.

Good while they lasted, however the wire pulled out/ detached from one after about a year, this is their weak point, I think lots of people have suffered this problem.

Had to have mine repaired a couple of times.......as said, great while they last but I wasn't happy with the quality for long term use.

In fairness, Dave Marshall (iirc) from U.E did get in contact and sounded concerned but I was due to be in Morocco for a couple of months and didn't get a chance to get my set back to them to see what they could do about it :(

I'm not even sure where mine are now.

Dave is usually bob on with repairs....had one side of mine go down after about 18 months...repair made FOC...usually down to pulling on the wires whilst removing them..have to be v careful...

That is a bit worring as I am a bit ham fisted with this soRt of thing, I have found that the standard custom plugs great, apart from I keep loosing them. but they do not have wires in them. Do the wires rub on your helmet (no sic intensions ofcourse)

AJ

That is a bit worring as I am a bit ham fisted with this soRt of thing, I have found that the standard custom plugs great, apart from I keep loosing them. but they do not have wires in them. Do the wires rub on your helmet (no sic intensions ofcourse)

AJ
FWIW
have had UEs for about a year now, was also concerned about the wire coming out, especially as I am so hamfisted ....spoke to the blerk there and he advised me to order them "with an additional lug" (yes, yes, I know:)
which i did and it does allow them to be more easily removed, without risking the wire....but you still need to be patient,they are a very good fit and are not designed to be ripped out in a rush to buy the first coffee!
they DO work well with music and keep all that nasty wind noise out (pardon?):eek:
not cheap but will keep hearing safer, although can give a feeling of remoteness from the outside world they are that good at keeping noise out

i never pull on the wires to get mine out, but i don't expect flattening the wire where it comes out of the earpiece every time you put your helmet on does it much good.

After mine failed because of the wire coming out, I was very careful to lift the bottom edge of the actual plug to pull on and remove them.....bugger paying 36 quid a time (or whatever it was) when they fail....

I think this led to something going wrong inside.....flexing the silicone obviously moves things around inside the plug itself.

One side of mine has cut out, but if I give it a bit of a squeeze the sound comes back.

:(

Probably a dumb question, bet here we go.

I am looking at getting a set of the UE monitors myself. Do they connect into an autocom box? Can I then get a separate mike (preferably a throat mike) for rider to pillion and bike to bike?

MrP

MrP

Probably a dumb question, bet here we go.

I am looking at getting a set of the UE monitors myself. Do they connect into an autocom box? Can I then get a separate mike (preferably a throat mike) for rider to pillion and bike to bike?

MrP

MrP

Another vote for the UE monitors. I use them with Starcom and a "bud" mike velcroed into the chin guard on my flip-front helmet. Works a treat, the Starcom filters out the background noise.

Really quite bizarre having a business telephone conversation at 70mph :)mmmm :thumb heard that one before haven't we) when the customer doesn't even know your on a bike!

To answer Mr P's query...the UE plugs connect straight to the autocom system via their bespoke lead...basically a standard EL7 connector lead with a 'black box' in the centre. Plug into the system as normal and then plug your UE monitors into the junction box. (Autocom part EL-7-EP...£20)
:thumb2
Dave H

Back
Top Bottom