GS boot sizes - Help needed

PIGGLET

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I'm after a pair of GS boots and have seen some on fleabay but there is a bit of confusion over the size.
They are listed a 44-uk10. I'm normally a 9 - 9.5 which in all my footwear is 44.
I have a pair of size 10 diadora MX boots which are euro 45.
Anyone know what the GS boots fit like eg if you take a 9 normal shoe do you need a size 10 GS boot or are they a generous fit.
And is 44 a uk 9:nenau

TIA

Dave
Ps if you have any GS boots you want rid of, let me know:thumb2

Boot sizing

In shoes a size 44 is usually a UK size 10 ( I worked in a shoe-shop when I was a kid!). However there is a fair bit of variation among manufacturers, in terms of both size and in the shape of the last they use. Sometimes the right size can still be a poor fit around the heel, or over the top of the foot. It is always best to try on the equivalent size before buying on auction sites.
I am a 9.5 in shoes, but usually wear size 44 boots and thicker socks, but I do not have the GS boot. I bought the Hein Gericke TRG Rally boot which is only £115.

Pigglet, do not buy them until you try a pair. I nearly did the same until I tried a pair on. They are narrow and very difficult to do up cause the shin guard flaps around. Also the boot is narrow at the calve area. These are only my findings and they may fit you but try a pair on if you can to be safe.
I ended up with the new Tech3 Alpinestars. Couldn't get a comfy fit in the Tech 10s. £130 for Tech 3s, Great boot IMHO, easy on and off, perfect fit all over and cheap as chips.

Mine are a European size bigger than I would normally go - and they have been fine. They are not big on the calf size - if I ever get some Rallye trousers, really not convinced they would go inside :confused: Also, the clips can have a tendancy to come undone. But, they are pretty comfy and, compared to softer moto-cross boots, they really feel like they would protect me in a fall. JimboGSA had a bike fall on his ankle wearing GS boots and came out pretty much unscathed :thumb2

Like Flipfly says - really is worth trying on them.

Mav

Cheers fellas, I've got skinny calves but broad feet so guess I'll have to try before i buy. Been thinking about the tech 3's with the enduro sole too. Guess I'll have to get my arse up to Newcastle on sunday and try em both:thumb

Back
Top Bottom